Best & Worst Customer Service Lists

Natalie? Isn't that one of the only woods that doesn't float?

;-) Glen

Reply to
Glen

Sorry about getting back on topic, I'll try to avoid it in the future. %-) It's too bad thst their kid looks so much like her dad. What really sucks is thst Natalie was silly enough to get in a boat with him if she couldn't swim. Good memory, BTW.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

Some of those sick jokes just seem to stick around forever... Here's another: Q: Why didn't Natalie Wood take a shower on the boat? A: She wanted to wash up on shore.

Doug Miller

My experiences with Milwaukee have been stellar. Having said that, I'm also aware of the fact that ANY company can have a hiccup at some point.

Reply to
Robatoy

That's the beauty of Apple. You don't need to spring for hardware upgrades, sound cards, video cards, fans, boards, etc. every couple of months. You don't play computer technician, you just compute. We've just added an iMac G5, what a marvel of design.

Gerry < experienced with both platforms, Machead by choice >

Reply to
G.E.R.R.Y.

Vagner, the German musician guy.

Reply to
max

Unless, of course, you want to stay at the bleeding edge. :) And if you don't, a PC isn't particularly difficult, either. A software & hardware geek

Reply to
Avraham

The best: Hitachi - I screwed up my M12V, sent it to their service center and had it back in less than a week at no charge.

The worst: Northwest Airlines - bumped me from a flight and gave me a voucher that I was unable to use. I would call to make a reservation and would invariably get the answer that there were no seats available on the flight that I could use the voucher on. When asked when they had a flight with seats that I could use the voucher on, they refused to tell me.

Dick Durbin

Reply to
Olebiker

Uh, what leads you to believe that you _need_ to spring for hardware upgrades, sound cards, video cards, fans, boards, etc every couple of months? The only hardware upgrades I've done in the past two years or so were a couple of gigabit boards and upgraded a 120 gig disk to a terabyte RAID. And both of those were on a PIII machine.

I do have to replace a first-generation Geforce board pretty soon though--fan froze up and it's showing artifacts even with a new fan, so it's pretty clearly fried. That's on a dual PII-Xeon machine. Although given the use to which I put it these days I may just stick an old TNT2 board in it.

If you think that you _have_ to upgrade PCs every couple of months that shows that you don't have enough PC experience for your opinion to be worth listening to.

Reply to
J. Clarke

OK. I admit you can piss farther than me.

Gerry

Reply to
G.E.R.R.Y.

I must have missed Avraham's message. Of course, with an apple, you can buy hardware from whomever you want. Standard RAM, drives, cards, monitors, whatever the heck you want. Apple has been doing open architecture since the early 1980's at least.

Same here.

Well, I wouldn't say that myself, either. But the options are equally there for upgrading a PC tower, as they are for upgrading a Mac tower. Maybe Gerry was saying it's less necessary which is arguably true, but the options are there in both (heh) cases.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Maybe early 1990's, but definitely not early 1980's.

Mark & Juanita

"JC" wrote in news:1112831541.647781.61170 @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Best

Reply to
Nate Perkins

Sounds like a good reason to avoid Sprint, however if you had your contract in hand I suspect that a letter from a lawyer (costs about 50 bucks typically) would have straightened this out right quick.

Verizon continued trying to bill me for a year or so after I switched to AT&T.

Personally I don't find that a cell phone takes up any of my time at all. But I turn it on when I want to use it--it's for _my_ convenience, not that of the rest of the world.

I just can't figure out these people who seem to be unable to survive without a phone stuck in their ear. And I do wonder why the lot of them are too cheap to get a headset.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Same thing happened to me with Sprint PCS. I had my cell for three years on the same plan- 300 anytime minutes, 2500 night and weekend minutes. When I signed up for the thing, the night minutes started at

7pm (IIRC), but they later changed their standard time to 9pm. They sort of honored my long-standing account for 4 or 5 months, but then my phone started showing the word "duplicate" on the screen every time I used it. The detailed bill showed that I was billed twice for every call- when I tried to get them to fix the service, they said I had to upgrade my plan to get more minutes (said minutes to be counted by the new 9pm standard), and denied that the plan I had had for years ever existed. My cell bill went from $25 a month to about $280. Needless to say, I dropped those sobs like a bad habit, and haven't even been tempted to get another cell phone from *any* company.

Of course, I'm sort of a freak without a cell phone these days, but I actually think it has improved my quality of life- not having a phone in my pocket leaves a lot more time for actually doing the things that I am doing. I don't think I'm ever going to get one again.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

Agreed. I now have a two-year rule when it comes to technology. I don't buy anything that hasn't been out at least that long- sure, some technogeeks would cringe at my PIII processor, but it's screaming fast compared to the last computer I owned (a celeron 233) and I don't know a damn thing about how fast a 2.5Ghz processor is, so I can be perfectly content with this old dog. Still runs almost every peice of software around, and it cost me a grand total of $200.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus

They're not too cheap to get a headset, they're too important. If they used headsets, then they would be unobtrusive, and no one else would notice how important they are.

Doug Miller

Ever seen an Apple ][ ? top lifts off, card slots right there. Might even date to 1979 but I'd have to go check.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

My experiences with Sprint have been similar. They appear to be ethically challenged.

I have a cell phone, but it rides in the pickup glove box, turned off, most of the time. It's only on when *I* want it to be on. I like the security it offers as far as making sure I have a means of getting help should I have problems somewhere.

Mark & Juanita

In experiences with Apple at work during the late 80s and early 90s, all accessories for the Apples had to come from Apple and when a new generation of Apple came out, we had to buy all new accessories, the idea of upward compatible seemed to be a foreign concept. Kind of soured me on the whole thing and illustrated why Apple wound up on the bottom.

Mark & Juanita