Any help from the real world? RE: Your Sliding Router Table Model G0528.. Grizzly can only supply a static message

I keep getting a static message from Grizzly: If you make any other inquire... you get the same non-answer. All I need to know is if the 18 inches is 9" left and 9" right from center. When they say I am showing that the travel is 18" from left to right. Showing isn't knowing!

After reviewing the activity, I am showing that the travel is 18" from left to right. I hope this will be of some assistance. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If we may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. You are a valued customer and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reply to
HMFIC-1369

Grizzly was responsive over the telephone to my questions about their Sliding Table version of the Table saw.

I'm in the middle of buying most machinery for my new shop.

A sliding table is great on a Table Saw, for safety reasons.

But a very experienced machine-head guy and woodworker told me that a slider on a router table was useless. I asked him specifically about the Grizzly. After about 3 months of research about the RT, I am getting a BenchDog. The Contractor's table-top model is as big as I need, and the BD fence gets a lot of praise from the owners.

The Grizzly slider suffers from having the router open and exposed beneath the table. Like the BenchDog, it isn't free-standing. Do you want a table-top model? With a relatively small top surface?

Gary Curtis

Reply to
extiger

Call Grizzly, tell them you have a problem with the "G0528" and want to talk to a tech. I would be seriously surprised if you do not get an answer asap. The techs are top notch.

I would be even more surprised if the tech did not know it off the top of his head.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

I want a metal table, open is fine it's. I need a cutting area of atleast

36". I'm doing cabinet doors. Why the slider is attractive!

Joe

Reply to
HMFIC-1369

Yeah I guess I don't have much of a choice..... Why design a 31" table with

36" of fence and slide only 18 inches?

joe

Reply to
HMFIC-1369