Update 4 BIllyB Grizzly G0528 Sliding Router table....Right or Wrong It loses!

GRIZZLY: I am showing that the Router Table has 18" of travel from left to right. I hope this will be of some assistance.

unless they're wrong............................

From center point that means 9" travel left and 9" travel right (18) or does it move 18 left 18 inches right. (36) I'd opt he didn't take out his 30" pieces of wood and look at it!

So in my mind according to Grizzly if you draw the 30 inch table back the left side would align 3 inches to the right of the bit! then you could only travel 18" ????

I'll get back on them.........................

Reply to
HMFIC- 1369

That's ridiculous. Surely the guy is wrong. I get 24" travel out of my 27" sliding table on the jet saw. 18" out of 30+"????? What's the use of even having a sliding table? He's got to be wrong.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

As I found out, they're talking about a built in sliding table on a router tavble, not a tablesaw.

Reply to
Upscale

Yes, I know. but what I was thinking was that, if anything, the router table should have more travel than the tablesaw, as the tablesaw is extremely conservatively designed with its solid cast iron sliding table (much more weight than the aluminum slider on the router table).

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

Yeah I know but it's an expensive bet to hedge........

You know I may drive all the way out there one weekend. It's over 200 miles... Hold on! I could buy the saw with the money I spend on gas to drive there and back.

I sent Grizzly a more detailed description and if they wanted a sale to do more then go to a table that's centered and move it right and say Oh 18 inches. You just can't get good help these days.....

Reply to
HMFIC- 1369