Another problem buying from Grizzly (carp)

Several months ago, I bought Grizzly's GO-538 Oscillating Spindle Sander. It's about $113 catalog price. Works fine.

Now the sanding sleeves are discontinued, very limited range of diameters still available.

Don't you just love that-

James snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com

Reply to
brocpuffs

Could you PSA paper? Porter Cable sells 4" wide PSA paper in 10 yard lengths for about $14.00.

Reply to
Leon

Are they a proprietary size? You can get 3" and 4" sleeves rather easily in many diameters.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

What size are you trying to replace? Sleeves come in fairly standard sizes and are available from most tool stores and even the Borg outlets.

Ron

Reply to
RonB

Did you try places like Klingspor

j4

Reply to
jo4hn

That "appears" to be the "exact" same model as the one that Ryobi has sold for several years now.

I have a Ryobi that was given to me and the sleeves appear to be very common...

brocpuffs wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

Tried to send this to the original poster but failed, so here it is for the whole group:

I thought it was quite curious that Grizzly would discontinue such an item. I went to their web site (which contains their catalogue) and looked up the items you seem to think you can no longer order from them. Their catalogue does indeed show those items as being available. I thought that perhaps they had only recently been discontinued, so I emailed their customer support. They responded that the items ARE still available. Don't know where you got your information. Their online catalogue, page 100, shows a whole buttload of sleeve sizes still available.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Bob Jones

What happened, man? Did you get a notice of rejection by the rr.com server?

Was everybody specific about the exact sizes? The OSS I have uses

4-1/2" long sleeves, and my search on the Grizzly site showed a _limited_ number of these among the large number of assorted different heights.

The catalog I have of course does show them as available, it's where I got the sander info from-

If you find a range of 4-1/2" height covering 1/2", 3/4", 1", 1-1/2"

2", and 3", then please send me the URL and I will apologize lamely to everybody who's replied so far.

Maybe I just missed the correct web page? Grizzly has a Gordonian(sp) Knot of a web page.

I'll check out the Borg too, near Ryobi stuff.

Thanks-

james snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com

Reply to
brocpuffs

Gordian

brocpuffs wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galloway

Awright James, here's the email and response from Grizzly: (Actually in reverse order). Try the link I've included here...

Mr. Jones,

Thank you for your email dated August 11, 2004.

After looking into these model numbers for you, I show that we do still carry these in stock and at this time, they are not discontinued. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. You may place your order online using the model numbers you have listed below.

If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. You are a valued customer, and we look forward to serving your future woodworking and metal working needs.

Sincerely,

Delores

Customer Service

Grizzly Industrial, Inc.

EN#602

-----Original Message----- From: Bob Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 1:56 PM To: CSR Subject: Sanding sleeves

Have been told that the sanding sleeves for the oscillating sander model G0538, have been discontinued or are no longer available from Grizzly. Your online catalogue shows that they are still available. Could you verify the status of the availability of these items. I am referring to the items on page 100 (online) listed as "optional accessories", items H5430 thru H5459.

Thanks:

Bob Jones

Reply to
Bob Jones

available on the URL you gave me.

Thanks very much, man!

I just didn't happen to hit this page while looking for the sleeves. Wouldn't anyone look under the category "sanding sleeves" first?!

James snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com

Reply to
brocpuffs

Up to 2" you can buy at Home Depot. That is the size used for the Ridgid sander.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski