Subject Author Posted Replies

Corrupted USB stick
I had a 32Gb USB stick plugged into my router, but it was somehow corrupted. I have managed to lift all the files off, with the intention of reformatting it, but it will not allow either quick or full...
25
25

Adcice on removel & maintenance of car seat type angle adjuster
Hi all I have a special 'posture chair', part of whose construction is derived from a car seat. There is a large 'turnwheel' on one side which you can turn to adjust the angle of the seat - similar to...
5
5

OT - Lidl frustration
I seem to get this more often than not when trying to access the Lidl website: ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Access Denied You don't...
25
25

Oven tripping RCD
Hello We have a twin electric oven - 60cm fan and 40cm non-fan. The 40cm has started tripping the RCD - the odd thing (at least to me) is it heats up fine but trips when the thermostat clicks off. The...
12
12

OT: Changing a Postcode
What is it like trying to get a Postcode changed? I have an interest in a building that used to have its entrance on the corner of two residential roads, and the Postcode was originally allocated to...
36
36

[OT] New kitchen problem
I have had a new kesseboemer kitchen installed. The hob is a Bora. It is much deeper thaan the regular hob. A deep drawer beneath it normally has a cutlery tray near its top but due to the hob's depth...
38
38

OT(ish) - how much do we depend on French electricity?
There seems to be a lot of sabre rattling in certain sections of the press over the current fisheries dispute with France, and the threat of sanctions including cutting off the French electricity...
38
38

Dulux Paint samples
Dulux 250ml paint sample tins are intended for what? I bought 2.5 Litres of a selected colour (Dove Grey) and used it all on a cupboard carved out of the corner of what was a bathroom. My wife decided...
6
6

CO detector for boiler required / recommended?
I've been told by the "heating engineer" who serviced my boiler that a carbon monoxide alarm is "required" - it's a non condensing ideal standard system boiler with a balanced flue. I've never had...
45
45

OT: Suppliers and their interactions.
Ordered 3 rolls of 150mm glass insulation from a cheap online source. Cost of materials, £78.59. Surprised to have it roll up (!) on a Jewson lorry! Jewson price £165! I guess the online non-Jewson...
12
12

Adjusting soil pipe position
I want to fit a wall hung toilet, with the stack outlet at 220mm above FFL. Keen not to go above that - we are both short! The toilet will go into a custom Grohe piece which is a 90mm 90degree bend,...
5
5

OT 2nd year apprentice
Not only was he on time when I picked him up at home at 6.45am he put in a performance that made the 3rd year apprentice look shit.
7
7

Sensible alternatives to skips?
Back in the day if you were doing building or demolition you just hired a skip. Then along came skip bags. Then along came lorries with a grab and you just piled up your rubbish for the grab to...
7
7

Wago box alternatives
I really like Wago connectors but I've never really found that Wago boxes work particularly well. I put up with them because there's not much alternative but I'm not often entirely happy with the...
6
6

New, free central heating, was re: boiler sizing
Hi, you may remember that I asked for some advice about central heating that we were offered and I am pleased to report that it has now been installed and commissioned. First impressions are very...
27
27