OT 2nd year apprentice

Not only was he on time when I picked him up at home at 6.45am he put in a performance that made the 3rd year apprentice look shit.

Reply to
ARW

What a star!

Reply to
Jonathan

:-)

There seems to be a lot of 'day in the life of an electrician' stuff on YT these days which seems to have quite a following from trainees at colleges. Do your apprentices watch that, and do you reckon it's good or it gives them wrong ideas?

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Good for him. Still, I suppose that any apprentice who can survive long enough in your firm to work a second year must have at least some smarts.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Give him a bonus.

And do it when the 3rd year one can hear :)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Lets hope his work ethic does not get affected by the general malaise that many members of workforces seem to have these days. I think a lot of it is the old square peg in the round hole problem. It can be difficult to know what you really want to do when you are young and so often you get bullied into taking a job just to live but have no investment in the way its done. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Or a yummy mummy shagging one of the directors?

Owain

Reply to
Owain Lastname

I think he was only ready because it was me picking him up. Others are too soft and let him get away with it.

When he was late in the summer I changed the rules and made him walk to a pub car park for 6.45am. The prospect of a 10 minute walk on a cold dark rainy morning probably encouraged him to be out his house on time ie he learnt something.

BTW they are paid after the first couple of years by ability.

Reply to
ARW