Subject Author Posted Replies

solid wood kitchen units
There are several on-line suppliers offering kitchen units with solid wood = carcasses. They seem to cost about the same (or less) than the usual chip= board ones from the big names. The wood is...
11
11

Dual Fush Valve can you ID it (0/1)
Can anyone identify this dual flush valve , it leaks into the pan and i would like service it if possible. Chris
8
8

Source for aluminium 'heat sink' cases - U section
I'm trying to source a 'heat sink case' for an electronics project. I want a U section aluminium extrusion, preferably with fins or at least some ribbing which will hold a PCB 220mm x 123 mm with some...
7
7

New ISP
I changed from TalkTalk (originally Pipex) to BT fibre last week. Speed tests show I'm getting approx x 4 both up and down over the old. But in practice haven't noticed any difference. ;-) Although...
35
35

Reseating taps
The taps in our kitchen were here when we moved in ten years ago, and are probably at least twenty if not thirty years old, judging by the rest of the kitchen. The taps drip, and are not easy to open...
10
10

Rad valve gland packing?
Hi all, We are servicing Mums old CH system. It was a coal fired single pipe / gravity jobby but was modified a few years back (30?) to be a fully pumped system. with a wall mounted low capacity b/f...
63
63

Bank transaction history availability (was Rant: Banks that only let you see the last few transactions online)
Banks vary with respect to how much of your transaction history they allow you to retrieve. So far we have... Bank | Earliest Available | Max transactions per download | Max Date Range | PIN Sentry...
2
2

Power supply for small combi boiler
Mt nephew's minute flat (built 1890) has a separate 15 amp supply for the boiler - presumably re-using a place on the CU for a previous immersion heater. There is no reason to keep a supply for the...
5
5

Dab and Dob Channel for cables
My walls are plasterboard on dabs and dobs. I am planning some elecrical work as part of a bigger project that will involve some channelling for cables. I had assumed the best way of making good would...
10
10

News Reader Recommendations
Hi all I am in the process of moving from 32 bit XP to Win 7 64 bit PC. For years I have used and been quite happy with Outlook Express, but clearly this is no longer an option. Ideally I could do...
22
22

Electric shower unit above bath OK?
Is it permissible to locate an electric shower unit above a bath? I don't envisage the thing leaping off the wall and electrocuting someone taking a bath, but then the building regs do seem to err on...
5
5

Rant: Banks that only let you see the last few transactions online
Just logged onto my low usage Barclays account and I'm greeted by an empty statement saying "there are no transactions for the period you selected". WTF.. I haven't selected any period ... oh, it says...
125
125

door widths - too narrow?
I'm considering putting narrower doors on my 2 bedrooms. They are currently 762mm (30in), but making one of them narrower (686mm, 27in) enables a much better use of space in the back bedroom; thus to...
37
37

Grand Designs
"What we want is a zero carbon house, shimmering . . . . " Wankers! Neeeeext . . . . .

concrete panel garage leak to base?
I've just resealed my concrete garage panels where they meet the concrete base with a 45` fillet on the inside using a 3:1 sand cement mix. The concrete base to the fillet has adhered successfully...