Bank transaction history availability (was Rant: Banks that only let you see the last few transactions online)

Banks vary with respect to how much of your transaction history they allow you to retrieve. So far we have...

Bank | Earliest Available | Max transactions per download | Max Date Range | PIN Sentry Bank of Scotland | 1 Feb 2005 | Any 150 | 3 months | No Barclays | 6 weeks ago | Most recent 60 only | 6 wks | Yes Lloyds TSB | 1 Jul 2002 | Any 150 | 3 months | No Nationwide | 2009 | | | No NatWest | 2005 | | | No RBS | 2005 | | | No Nationwide | | | | Yes?

Thanks to those that have provided data so far.

Phil

Reply to
Phil Addison

2 years| Don't understand what you mean by "download"| 15 months

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Sorry, my header line suffered a line break...

Bank | Earliest Available | Max transactions per download | Max Date Range | PIN Sentry

... should all be on 1 line.

Nationwide | 2 years| Don't understand what you mean by "download"| 15 months | Yes

By "download" I mean are you able to transfer the banks online transaction history to your computer. This is usually accomplished fairly easily if they offer an 'export' or 'download' option. It can also be done more laboriously by cut'n'paste. "Max transactions per download" refers to the limit that some banks put on how many transactions they will provide when you elect to export your history. Barclays limit this to only the

60 most recent transactions (and then only if they are no older than 6 weeks), whereas Bank of Scotland will let you have all available back to 2005, but you have to do this in several batches by choosing start and end dates that do not exceed 150 transactions, and are also not more that 3 months apart.

Why banks have these complicated restrictions is beyond me!

Phil

Reply to
Phil Addison