Power supply for small combi boiler

Mt nephew's minute flat (built 1890) has a separate 15 amp supply for the boiler - presumably re-using a place on the CU for a previous immersion heater. There is no reason to keep a supply for the boiler - I presume? Taking it out and making a fused spur connection would be much neater.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

I don't understand what you are asking, I think you want to replace whatever connection arrangements are there now, with an FCU, but how is the boiler physically connected now?

Reply to
Graham.

My guess is the OP wants to connect to a fused spur of the ring main closes= t to the boiler, but wants to check there is no requirement for the boiler = feed to go straight back to it's own MCB in the CU. only reason I can think= you might want to do that is if you wanted the boiler on a non RCD circuit= .

Reply to
cpvh

to the boiler, but wants to check there is no requirement for the boiler feed to go straight back to it's own MCB in the CU. only reason I can think you might want to do that is if you wanted the boiler on a non RCD circuit.

Or to free up a way in the consumer unit?

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Sorry I was not clear. The boiler cable runs over ground in an unsightly way. If I can provide a supply "locally" by a spur off the ring main then I can remove the visible cable.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

No reason not to; other than for the practical reasons above, both of which are/may be valid (ie you'd be sacrificing 'function' for 'form').

David

Reply to
Lobster