TOT DHL tracking

DHL parcel tracking ..... what to believe, the same page says

Your parcel is due to be delivered on Monday 15th June Your driver is on his way to stop number 26, You are stop 57.

Reply to
alan_m

Sounds plausible if you're in the highlands and islands of Scotland :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Indeed. Hermes frequently tells me my parcel is 'out for delivery' - from Dundee. I'm on the northwest coast of Sutherland. What actually happens, is that parcels go from Dundee to Inverness, then sit around until the local delivery people (generally Capital Carriers, IIRC) get enough stuff in the van to make a run up here worthwhile. Up here, I find Royal Mail much more reliable.

Reply to
S Viemeister

I recently sent a parcel via Hermes - dropped off at a collection point in London, destination Nottingham. Took two weeks to arrive. (Use Hermes a lot due to a convenient collection point, and they're normally good)

Tracking it was funny. Each day it put up a new note saying it would be on its way within 28 hours. Just the date changed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

DHL tracking is absolute crap. I had a parcel delivered today.

- The email giving me a delivery slot arrived too late to be of use.

- The tracking summmary said it was at the 'sortation facility'

- I clicked the details button and it said it was out for delivery.

In the past, it has been worse.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I've found their tracking to be pretty good. I suppose it comes down to how well the system is managed locally.

Reply to
RJH

The package did arrive today (not Monday). The delivery driver was on average delivering each package in 2.4 minutes.

Reply to
alan_m

Like when my M&S "fresh" food parcel for next day delivery sat in the local depot for six days.

(It was a lockdown gift, I don't buy M&S for myself. Not only was it not so fresh when it arrived, it missed the recipient's birthday.)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Not late then, nearly a year early ;)

Reply to
Richard

Hermes have lost the parcel that my sister dispatched a week ago from Souith Wales, it seems.

If you get it by accident, it's about 600 miles adrift.

Reply to
Andrew

Fresh Haggis ?? :-)

Reply to
Andrew

A fresh haggis could have walked there more quickly.

Especially with road traffic being so light.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I've never had Hermes actually lose anything.

Occasionally they are temporarily unaware of its location, to use an aeronautical analogy, or they hide it somewhere and have to come back and find it again.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In message snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com, at

12:50:55 on Sat, 13 Jun 2020, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com remarked:

I have found them fairly reliable when I'm sending stuff. In other words, the collection point is open and I get a receipt.

It then tends to go a bit downhill, as far as the recipient's experience is concerned.

They only misplaced one parcel, for about three weeks. It was invisible to them until I eventually put in a compensation claim, at which point they quickly found which sofa it was down the back of.

Reply to
Roland Perry