Tim?s Beloved EU and Vegans!

There is justice in the world the EU are planning to ban the veg chompers from misleading people by calling meat free products like vegan burgers as burgers. The vegans are squealing like stuck pigs.

Reply to
Radio Man

Does it really matter what things are called unless somebody has a copyright protection on the name?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Quorn pigs, I assume. (Is there a police station there!).

Reply to
PeterC

no more nut cutlets then brian? ...

Reply to
Jim GM4 DHJ ...

It is under discussion, but there is no clear majority either for or against the move.

Reply to
nightjar

Doesn't the fact that they're even considering it make you glad that we don't need to tolerate this nonsense any more?

Reply to
Roger Mills

The veg chompers are squealing about it loud enough they obviously expect it will end badly for them. Veg disks veg spheres veg blocks don?t sound very good to eat.

Reply to
Radio Man

It is pointless trivia rules on food quality hygiene etc make sense whether you call a disk of compressed veg matter a veg burger or a veg disk is just pointless red tape. People like Tim defend the EU and this kind of insidious nonsense it is no different to his meat eaters licence idea.

Reply to
Radio Man

No, of course not and they are only called the things they are for the non vegans as we check the info on the packets more closely than most to check what they contain in any case.

It's just that some of the psychopaths who prefer to rape, torture and kill animals because they like how they taste, rather than choose any of the clean alternatives want to kick up a fuss, because of how guilty they feel about their lifestyle choices.

I would much rather they came up with new names for the vegan options so I can easier avoid all the ones that contain 'mechanically reclaimed' meat, cysts, eyeballs, arses, gristle and bone. <gag>

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You think it should be up to a retailer to describe something as they want

- regardless of truth or accuracy? No wonder you voted to leave the EU. As that's what the leave campaign did...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Yes. Soon you'll be able to buy a pork sausage that contains zero pork. Chocolate with zero coca solids. And so on. All in the name of deregulation. Just what the public has been told it wants.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

No, I'm happy to have a UK Trade Descriptions Act - just not something imposed by Brussels!

Reply to
Roger Mills
<snip>

'Soon'. !?

Many 'pork sausages' contain little in the way of what most would consider to be pork.

Yup, just like this:

What is really strange is how 'excited' some get over an ever growing number of people who have the sole goal of reducing the cruelty, suffering, death and exploitation of other animals?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

No relation

To keep it on topic , there's a diy recipe.

I think I'd give the vegetarian version a miss though.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Howie

MRM, yummy...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You don't think our government is capable of producing nonsense of its own?

Reply to
nightjar

On 20/10/2020 10:18, Radio Man wrote: ...

Not, apparently, if you are a meat producer. They are the ones lobbying for this amendment to the common agricultural policy. They see the veggie sector as a significant threat to their sales.

Reply to
nightjar

Yeah, quite. I saw a video of a pigs head and loads of metal flales ripping the 'meat' off ...

On a similar level ... daughter did much of our last 'big shop' at Asda (supporting their vegan expansion) and amongst several new lines she got us a couple of 'Pukker, chicken and mushroom' pies.

Now obviously we weren't expecting high cuisine but she was interested in our though's on them generally and to see if it was worth seeing if a cafe she uses for take-away might be interested in offering them and she could advertise such on the many vegan groups she uses (given they probably offer 'Pukker' foods in any case).

And with half a baked sweet potato, a load of (frozen) mixed veg and some vegan gravy they were perfectly ok (and the pastry was very good).

At least you didn't get any of the shitty bits that you might typically find in anything containing 'cheap' meat.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Of course, but then I refer you to my sig below.

Reply to
Tim Streater

No need, there is nothing wrong with "veggie burger". What is wrong is the assumption that a "burger" actually contains a high percentage of good quality mince from prime cuts of beef. The descriptions just need to be accurate, "cerial burger with 5% MRM beef", "75% horse burger", "beef flavour burger" ie no beef at all.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice