Scottish shielding food parcel.....

And they grow quite a lot of soft fruit as well.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

neighbour has plum trees.....very nice as well they are

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

True. Well worth saving on other things to buy those toys.

But the point I was really making was that in a 12 week lockdown, you'll need more from a supermarket than just food.

Still amazed if you really can feed yourself well for under £1.50 a day.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

True. I know an ex MP who once tried it for a TV prog. Didn't manage to get a job, but it did change his outlook on life dramatically.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I never claimed to feed myself "well".

2 slices of toast for brunch and 25p value instant pasta for dinner is not eating well, but it gets me through enough days to keep the average down.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Why ?.

If you don't use them anyway, your life will be unaffected.

Your council will not be able to collect any business rates too.

Reply to
Andrew

Quite pleasant when done on a bbq with their skins on. Then squirt some nutella inside.

Reply to
Andrew

But this year no-one will be here to pick them if we are still in economy-annialation phase :-(

Reply to
Andrew

Earl Grey is the most unnatural tea there is, surely ?.

Sainburys Red Label tea is actually quite good (for my taste). Much cheaper than overpriced Twinings.

Reply to
Andrew

You haven't bought a new smartphone recently I take it ?

Reply to
Andrew

see the 'Carse O' Gowrie'

Microclimate ideal for fruit

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yuk! Maple syrup and clotted cream please!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not ever!

Last phone cost £4.95

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

All I can say is you're missing out. They don't have to cost £500.

I guess you can say if you can live without it up to now then fair doos. But a hermits could say the same living in a cave washing their clothes against a rock.

Reply to
Fredxx

Seems EU workers are coming to the rescue - once more. So much for then stealing our jobs.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

That?s wrong. That would have seen a much higher death rate like so much of the USA is seeing.

Coffee shops are a small part of business rates.

Reply to
John_j

Fark, that?s almost as bad as a deep fried mars bar.

Reply to
John_j

Hardly the end of civilisation as we know it to skip one season.

Reply to
John_j

I do have a Hudl, which cost me about £30 with Tesco vouchers. That's occasionally *very* handy, if away from home for several days, or if travelling and I need to look at live train times.

But mostly I could go weeks in normal circumstances without *needing* it.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I use my phone all the time and didn't cost much more than your Hudl.

It's a brilliant sat nav too.

Reply to
Fredxx