Scottish shielding food parcel.....

Do you get the funny feeling we are going to find out soon, probably by innuendo, who the person was who asked for this favour? No doubt in the expectation of confideintiality.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

I'll say again. I got a letter from the NHS telling me I was at special risk and to register on the government website they gave the URL for. Which required all your usual details. Only then did I get a supermarket priority slot. I assume that website already knows who is vulnerable or not. I would far prefer to do my own shopping.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah - forgot about that one. Say no more...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Can't really imagine anyone wanting their kid in any school where you were in a position to pull strings?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Doh, the relevance of this is?

If you are vulnerable and have a slot, fine. No one is querying that.

The Supermarket man was complaining about those ticking some box claiming they were vulnerable and they (the supermarkets) not being able to check.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Not me, mate. Last time I spoke to Brian outside of Usenet was at least two years ago.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

So you think such an approach is reasonable and justifies an expectation of confidence. Covering up corruption.

No wonder shady dealings go on if people think like that.

Do selection board have special rules to include such things?

Of course, the anti-semitism in the Labour Party.

Remind me, who was the Attorney General who didn't want to investigate the various rape gang incidents? What about Jimmy Savile?

Reply to
Brian Reay

You jest? I got emails from both Tesco and Sainsbury saying I was on the vulnerable list and would get priority delivery.

I'd guess they're not as stupid as you think.

The number entitled to priority delivery is tiny as part of their usual deliveries (at a guess). And I'd be amazed if the delivery man had any inside knowledge on how their website works.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah - you buy that friendship. No surprise. And you're just an idiot if you need to get 10 quids worth of shopping done by that 'friend'. A sensible person would buy at least enough for a week.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Remind us what you did for a living? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Jim has had a recent sideline in fobbing off f***ed cars to unsuspecting immigrants.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

Or, more likely, fatally f***ed into a ditch somewhere due to catastrophic mechanical failure within hours of you fobbing it off on him, mate.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

No - just wanted it confirmed that as a public servant you thought it OK to be bribed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Dodgy Jim, as per.

Reply to
Stephen Cole

£10 is, in normal circumstances, enough for a week. At least for me.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

How many backhanders did you take from developers, Jim? Did you use a funny handshake to let them know you were bent?

Reply to
Stephen Cole

I don't think you could spot a Mason to save your life.

I used to work with someone like you. He sat next to one of a few Masons in a department of maybe 100 people. He knew I was a Mason, I've never kept it a secret and one of the others Masons must have said something. So he knew 2 of the 4 or so. Of the 2 he didn't know, he sat next to one and worked for other one. His favourite lunch time pastime was trying to guess these two.

He came up with all kinds of ideas. One in particular was we all wore blazers. As it happens all 4 did, at least most days. Others in the department did, but we 4 certainly did. The Mason sitting next to him almost choked on his coffee. To this day I doubt he found out who the other 2 were.

Reply to
Brian Reay

You wouldn't for the simple reason I don't do it a random meeting etc. Certainly not a business type setting, few do. That is why I know your claims are nonsense.

I knew someone for may be 2 or 3 years and didn't know he was a Mason until he visited my Lodge as a guest of someone else.

Reply to
Brian Reay
[Snip]

I worked for over 20 years with a secretary in our department. It wasn't until we'd both retired and I saw her Facebook page, that I realised she was Jewish. It hadn't mattered at work.

Reply to
charles

Exactly. Jim just uses it to excuse his failure to do well. "They were against me."

He doesn't like Jews either - guess who has a Jewish heritage.

I've not forgotten his 'oven dodger' comment.

Reply to
Brian Reay