Scottish shielding food parcel.....

PG Tips or TyPhoo, but it is a good price and does a nice mug of builder's.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

It was quite funny when I googled etc for recipes for the things I got in my food parcel. Lots and lot - but all assumed I'd have plenty other things to add to the basics. Often only a handful of fresh herbs, etc, but does tend to make the point.

Bit like when an MP or whatever tries to show us how easy it is to live on the dole - and to find work. Starting out in his posh suit and £30 quid haircut. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

If you routinely pay by card, be interesting to know your average grocery spend per week over a year.

Not like as when people tell you how many MPG their car does, based on one motorway only journey. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Someone in Devon goes out for long bike rides and just collects suitable 'meals' en-route.

I'm sure I watched a documentary about him back in the

90's.
Reply to
Andrew

I was in M&S about a week ago and noticed that all their coolers/freezers were well stocked but very few customers.

Going to be lot of 'yellow label' items in the near future unless they can switch off a food manufacturers production lines for cook-chill foods.

Some farmers are pouring their milk into their slurry pits because all the coffee shops are shut. happening over in the USA too for the same reason.

Reply to
Andrew

Waitrose 'essential' products are better then the 'up market' taste-the

-difference stuff elsewhere.

Reply to
Andrew

They sell fruit in Scotland ??

Reply to
Andrew

No , people nick it.

--

Reply to
GB

but does anybody buy it?

Reply to
charles

glad the coffe shops are shut.....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

yes they do...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

no we are all salad and fruit dodgers....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Oh yes, even quite small towns and villages have Chinese, Indian, Polish, Syrian and other people who all eat lots of fruit and vegetables.

I can* even get hummus in the Co-op along with the tonic wine and toffee fudge doughnuts.

Owain

  • Obviously I don't actually pay Co-op prices for anything.
Reply to
spuorgelgoog

It would be, but I can't be bothered to go through the last 12 months' supermarket receipts and take off all the non-grocery stuff and middle aisle of Aldi toys.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Don't forget the £500 smartphone with unlimited data, and an uncle who owns an investment bank.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

difficult to deep fry a lettice leaf.

Reply to
charles

by "tonic wine" you mean "Bucky"?

Reply to
charles

"Bucky" has cancelled production. Other tonic wines may be available :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

bananas are nice though ...