Parcel Force pricing.

Cleared out a few car bits via Ebay.

Not really used anything other than RM before, so checked out Parcel Monkey as a couple of the parts were around 7 Kg.

Best price for all three collected from my house was Parcel Force. 22 quid.

Only when going further did I find out that I'd need phone numbers for all the recipients - Paypal only gives the address.

So took then down the local PO.

The lightest of the parcels went ordinary post.

The two heavy ones, Parcel Force. Cost for just those two? 34 quid.

I'm sure there's a logical explanation. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Indeed, Parcel Monkey pay PF a lot less that a retail customer - presumably they contract for so many parcels, or whatever.(just as a mail order company won't pay the same as a retail customer).

I regularly send parcels to France, unless light, when RM is just as good, it is generally cheapest via PF booked via Parcel Monkey - and a lot cheaper than going directly via PF (actually, a slightly cheaper service sometimes is offered, but it isn't really worth it for me. PF get it there quickly and if it can't be delivered it is left at the post office for collection

Reply to
Chris French

Funnily enough, I had occasion to send a book out today (sold on Amazon). The book was 2.1kg, and RM wanted nearly 13 quid to send it.

I used myHermes and it was £5.28 (I took it to the corner shop; it would have been 20p more if I'd had it collected).

Reply to
Bob Eager

I use Hermes for most of the things I sell on ebay, as RM's pricing is just silly when compared to Hermes prices. I also just go round the corner and drop the parcels off myself

Reply to
BobH

Laziness of punters. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

I've found that in instances where I didn't know the recipient's phone number, putting my own was accepted by the courier company. It didn't seem to matter that I'd already entered exactly the same number when asked for my own contact details.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Right. I have been phoned up by the odd carrier saying they're going to deliver a parcel between certain times. Which seemed a good idea to me.

But it would be easy to have a phone number with PayPal so you get that as well as the address to send it to.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)