Scantronic 9448

Hi all, hope you can help, after a fault my sisters 9448 alarm panel has locked out the access code, I want to do a full reset but don't have the instal manual can you help, I would idealy like a copy of the manual or the instructions to reset the panel.

many thanks for your help.

Carl Davies

Reply to
Carl

On 4 Apr 2004 00:56:18 -0800, in uk.d-i-y snipped-for-privacy@talk21.com (Carl) strung together this:

Are you sure the fault isn't still there? If you do a full reset, AKA clearing the NVM you'll have to reprogram the whole thing from scratch.

Reply to
Lurch

Thanks for the reply,

the alarm had gone off during the day and a friend switched it off (or so they say) the panel showed tamper, I think the friend put the wrong code in (more than a couple of times) we could not get the tamper to clear even after entering the code a couple of times, I removed all power and now when I power it up it just sounds both the bell and the speaker, I have tried the original code 1234 and 0000 and nothing happens, I have seen the sticker inside about clearing the NVM and think this may be the only thing to do.

(I have also put a link across the A/T loop terminals)

Many Thanks

Reply to
Carl

If your email address is correct there should be copy of the manual in your post.

Adam

adamwadsworth@(REMOVETHIS)blueyonder.co.uk

Reply to
ARWadsworth

On 4 Apr 2004 08:52:01 -0700, in uk.d-i-y snipped-for-privacy@talk21.com (Carl) strung together this:

It could be an external bell tamper. Try linking out the 0V and TR terminals then repower the system, making sure the lid tamper is closed, and type the customer code in, either the one that they had or the default of 1234. If that doesn't, or even if it does, work let us know.

Reply to
Lurch

Thanks to everyone who read and helped on this, I now have the manual and will try later in the week to put it right, I will report back on the outcome later in the week.

once again many thanks, Its good to know people still read the groups and are willing to help.

Carl Davies.

Reply to
Carl

Hi All, Just returned from my sisters, and I'm pleased to say that the panel is now working, performed a full NVM reset , reprogrammed and all is working, It would appear that the original tamper fault may have been caused by typing in the wrong code over and over this may have been due to the sticky buttons.

I would just like to say thankyou to all who read and helped.

Many Thanks Carl.

Reply to
Carl