pilot light on baxi brazilia wall heater wont stay on

pilot light not staying on baxi brazilia f8 wall heater

Reply to
denis

denis <caedfaa9ed1216d60ef78a6f660f5f85 snipped-for-privacy@example.com Wrote in message:

Mine doesn't have a pilot light. I don't think any of them do.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Pilot light heats thermocouple which provides a little current to hold the gas valve open. So a dead TC or the flame missing its aim can cause that.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

But do any Brazilias have one? It's a manually controlled gas heater with no automation so no reason to have a pilot light.

Mine has no thermocouple, no solenoid, just a pizo sparker. No need to hold any knobs in and wait for a thermocouple to warm up.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I see spare thermocouples listed for 'F8S' rather than 'F8' models

Reply to
Andy Burns

Curious. Mine is an 8S but definitely has no thermocouple. It does look like newer ones do though.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

yes

Reply to
tabbypurr

Just the newer ones apparently.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

If it has a pilot light,it has a thermocouple.

Reply to
harry

ah, but look where it was posted from. I'm not really surprised. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

True, but mine has neither, hence my question.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

So if the burner got "blown out" somehow, what cuts the gas off?

Reply to
Jim K..

Hi Denis, I have a baxi Brazilia(manual). The pilot light comes on when using the trigger, but when releasing trigger the pilot light goes off. I've lived in property for 14years & have never had this problem before. Hope you can help.

Reply to
Scott Morton

Possibly a thermocouple failure and/or you are not holding the pilot light trigger on long enough for the thermocouple to be heated up by the pilot light. Manually hold the pilot light on for 60 seconds before releasing.

Reply to
alan_m

I actually held it in for a lot longer than 60 seconds & pilot light didn't stay on, so do you think it would definitely be the Thermocouple. Many thanks for your time & help, very much appreciated.

Reply to
Scott Morton

I think after 14 years he very probably knows the correct sequence for lighting. ;-). Almost certainly the thermocouple.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Not necessarily if it's a permanent pilot light that may have been on for years and now has just extinguished.

Reply to
alan_m

It doesn?t have a pilot light.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

What they call the injector is in common parlance the pilot light the piezo electrode is simply to ignite the injector/pilot light. As the OP manages to get a spark and the pilot flame ignites but does continue to burn on release of the gas valve that points to the thermocouple not working. This might be due to incorrect positioning or a thermocouple fault. If adjusting the thermocouple does not solve the issue then it needs replacing they are not that expensive to replace with plenty suppliers of alternatives if Baxi originals are hard to come by.

Sometimes the injectors can distort the pilot flame if crud has got in them, removing one is usually straight forward, just one nut to unscrew. If you feel you need to go that far it is worth replacing it with a new one again they are not expensive. When we had a Baxi Bermuda back boiler some years back it was a matter of pennies to replace.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

90%+ chance. Given how cheap they are, it would definitely be the first thing I?d try. They do wear out.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+