Sleeperless in South Wales

Hi,

Does anyone know of a supplier of railway sleepers in the South Wales area? I'm after some that are not reated with creosote so as to comply with new eu directives. Any tips on installing them? I'm going to be using them for retaining wall/seating, is it okay to lay them straight on earth or should I put them on a bed of gravel? I realise that backfilling with gravel is necessary for drainage...

Thanks Toby

Reply to
Toby Maxwell-Lyte

Concrete ones you mean? Why not just use fence posts? Stick them together with bolts or cement. Or make your own with Ready Mix?

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

No not concrete. I mean new softwood tanalised sleepers. Any ideas?

Reply to
Toby Maxwell-Lyte