Resetting ADE Accenta plus alarm

Hi

We have inherited this alarm system and were left an alarm code although I am not familiar with the operation.

Today, during the gales, we had a power surge and the alarm went off.

Despite entering the code we were given, the alarm continued to sound for about 5 minutes and then went off of its own accord. However, the external light continues to flash.

I have downloaded the user manual but the panel responses dont seem to match what should be happening.

If I enter our code (which I assume to be correct), all I get is a single buzz from the panel. It is the LED type and the power LED is on but no other LED is lit. I have tried to reset it with no joy... the external strobe light continues to flash.

Does anyone have any ideas, however obscure?

Thank you.

Reply to
richard.alan.owens

Assuming you've read the user manual and are following the instructions to the letter and they don't work, then one explanation is that you've been given the wrong code or it's been changed since you were given it. You now need the engineers manual, not the same as the user manual, to reset the code to something of your own choice. Googling for ADE Accenta Plus engineers manual brings up lots hits for Accenta manuals, although none seem to fit your description exactly. Either try a more exact model description, or assume they're all the same family and are probably all similar.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

If you had a "power surge" it could be that it's irreparably damaged.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I don't have the same model at all, but sometimes if there's been a power cut, on my alarm keypad, I have to enter the Master Code, it bleeps and it seems to do nothing, then I immediately enter the Master Code again, and it clears itself and does what it's supposed to. This seems to do a reset, which is what it needs after a power cut.

Reply to
Allan

You need to enter your code to stop the alarm, which you have, then press the X which will stop the strobe light.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

replying to Allan, Gloria Fenwick wrote: Where do I get the master code

Reply to
Gloria Fenwick