Alarm Bell Box wiring

Hope someone can help ...

My existing alarm panel (A1 Alarms RF8000) has failed, now bought a

complete replacement RESPONSE RE 3000, I want to use my existing Bellbox, and not have to install the box which came with the kit .... my house has been sold and I will be moving out.

To avoid having to replace the bell box, I would like to wire in the

new RESPONSE RE3000 to use the RF8000 bell

box.

However I am confused as to what I connect to what.

The A1 alarm used 6 cores to the bell box :

Colour alarm panel id Bellbox id

Green - 0 -

White - RT Return

Black - Bell - sw -

Red - Bell + +

Blue - Strobe - Strobe

Yellow - Strobe + Strobe

The RESPONSE only uses 4 wires ..

Red - Siren

Black - COM

Yellow - Charge

Blue - Tamper

There are 5 other unused connections - NO, C, NC, Power -, Power +

Anybody know how to connect the existing A1 alarm box up to the

Response

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Your best bet might be to contact both A1 and Response (or whoever makes it) and ask for some more info, including circuit diagrams. If the info they send is complicated for you, I am sure there will be someone here who can help out.

Rob

Reply to
Kalico

The problem with these "DIY" panels and boxes it that the terminology used is not insustry standard and so its difficult to advise.

You may need to meter the various connections.

Reply to
PJO

The problem is I don't know what I'm looking for ... so difficult to measure.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

In that case I suggest you call in an alarm engineer.

Reply to
PJO

If that was the best solution .. then there would be no point in a DIY usenet group.

I am more than capable of the testing, but don't know what is in the boxes ... hoping someone of the group does.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

The Response Sounder doesn't have "Strobe" connections, so you can miss them out.

The negative - from the control panel is connected to the COM

The positive + from the control panel is connected to the Charger

The Tamper is connected to either a positive or negative return in the control panel. You'll have to tell the panel what the bell box uses in the programming, and find out with a test meter which signal of tamper in the bell box sends back to the panel.

You'll need a switched connection from the control panel, either positive or negative dependant on which makes the Siren work, from the control panel to the Siren terminal in the bell box. You might be able to use the Strobe or Switched Bell connection from the control panel to make this work.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
BigWallop

Looks like the existing bellbox doesn't have an internal battery, or at least not a rechargeable one. I'd try connecting Bell + and Strobe + to SIREN, Bell- and strobe- to COM. Connect Return to Tamper. If the system won't come out of tamper, follow the panel instructions for a bell without tamper connection.

Reply to
Niall

Well actually no. Sometimes the best solution is to bite the bullet and call someone in.

Reply to
PJO

control panel. You'll have to tell

test meter which signal of tamper

or negative dependant on which

bell box. You might be able to

It has certainly given me something to try - time to annoy neighbours with alarm sounding while I try again.

Thanks

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes