Intruder Alarm Cable Colours

Hi all
Can anyone advise whether there is a standard for wiring of intruder alarms? Looking at my existing (rapidly failing) install, red and black cores are used for power to passives - seems sensible. Checking the installation manual for a panel ordered this afternoon, this has two of the other cores (white and green) for power, with red and black used for the alarm trigger pair. I know it won't make a scrap of difference to the operation, but if there is a standard out there I am quite prepared to follow it.
TIA
Phil
On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:37:59 -0000, "TheScullster"

I've seen it suggested that you use 'random' colours throughout the system, to confuse anybody trying to tamper with wires along their length, assuming of course that such wires might be accessible to outsiders. Remember though, to keep a record of which wires are what for your own reference!
--
Frank Erskine

Doesn't really matter as long as both ends use the same!!! :-) On mine it is
Red = PIR +ve Black = PIR -ve Green and White = Tamper circuit Blue and Yellow = N/C circuit wires
On 26 Feb,

Random colours were suggested (by higher management) at work many years ago when I fitted the alarm, so I did. I was cursed more than once over the succeeding years. I could fix it, no-one else could. It ended up being replaced (after about 15 years).
--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply

Thanks to all Think I'll stick with SantaUK - this will avoid rewiring at the passives.
Phil
There are no set colours www.ukpanels.com have a "HOW TO" section on thier forum part of the site. Covers wiring, bellboxes, foil and block, battery change and PIR wiring