Alarm PIR wire colour conventions

I am fitting a new Texecom alarm in my house. The cable I am using is

6 core and has yellow, red, green, blue, black and white strands inside.

Are there any wiring colour conventions for fitting the PIRs, door sensors, keypad etc?

Thanks

Andrew­ ­­ ­

Reply to
Andrew Barnes

If you think about it, best not to have any conventions for a burglar alarm wiring. Even within the same premises. If you dare...;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not sure it is a good idea to stick to a convention even if there is one - makes it easier for someone to cut the cables and disarm sensors! I would just devise my own wiring colour scheme if installing from new, but I did follow the existing one when altering an our existing installation.

texecom have sugested colours but i changed the colours in 4 places... hope i dont loose the wiring diagram i made!

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

Good point chaps, i'll stick to my own random convention.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Barnes

Personally, I wouldn't even have my own convention. Each individual cable would be connected up randomly, using different colours each time.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle