Re: Result!

I do that, not denying myself anything. The trick is to eat appropriate quantities. For example, I really like certain roasted root vegetables such as parsnips. However, it's half a parsnip, not

2-3.
Reply to
Andy Hall

So how much have you managed to rip them off for since the recategorisation? :-)

Reply to
Paul Corfield

GI and GL are fine. It's the food combining that is a bit..... off.

Reply to
Fran

I think I may have drunk some beer made of Carbopol, then.

Reply to
Fran

The Morrisons near me is a taken-over flagship Safeway.

After Morrisons took over, they filled the beer & wine section with cheap larger and plonk I would think twice about cooking with, gutted the Deli and turned it into a pie stall, etc, etc. The place filled with greasy haired people in track suits and their soiled screaming spawn buying Sunny Delight and 3 for 2 tins of own brand beans.

This year, the cheese section has suddenly sprouted 3 new coolers containing a large range of non-cheddar, there's a wide variety of bottled beer, and they have 3 different labels of Chateau neuf du pape.

Somebody has definitely done something.

Reply to
Simian

It's probably an ongoing thing because I used to ignore Morrisons on the grounds that they didn't stock anything I liked but about 18 months ago I was forced to use the one in Falkirk and much to my surprise they had a very good selection of beers and sandwich fillers that I liked rather than skanky Scottish lagers and Bernard Matthews imitation turkey.

Reply to
Andy Bonwick

Heh. None. I leave shoplifting to the poor people.

Reply to
ogden

Food combining is fine.. its the don't eat this at the same time as this that is a bit iffy. Still, if it works for him?

Reply to
dennis

Life's way too short to deprive yourself of something you enjoy.

Reply to
Andy Bonwick

This might help you:

CTRL+K

"I'm not going to waste anymore time" (sic)

Reply to
Humbug

Maybe he's another incarnation of DSL.

Ther are only six people on Usenet, after all.

Reply to
Humbug

I remember a pal of mine who embraced the idea of "food combining" tucking into a pizza.

"The top part is combined with the bottom part".

So that's all right then.

Reply to
Humbug

No he isn't, he's a very naughty boy.

Reply to
Humbug

"These slimming biscuits are no good. I ate ten packets yesterday, and I'm no slimmer!"

Reply to
Humbug

What's happened to the greasy haired and soiled spawn? Has Sunny D been removed from the shelves?

Reply to
Andy Hall

It isn't in the least.

Combining of a certain amount of fat with carbohydrate results in a longer and flatter rise in blood glucose levels. For me this is useful. It does not, of course have an impact on overall calorie intake. Likewise, the time of day when certain foods are eaten has a similar impact for some people.

Reply to
Andy Hall

No this isn't the point. The purpose is not to affect total calorie intake but to flatten the blood glucose vs. time curve. A certain amount of fat combined with carbohydrate does that., as does selecting the time of day.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Exactly. That's why I don't. However, I prefer to make it longer by being sensible about quantities of certain things.

Reply to
Andy Hall

If eating half a roast parsnip instead of 2-3 of them is going to make a difference to how long you live then you must be living on a knife edge regarding food issues. Did you not do any exercise when you were younger?

Reply to
Andy Bonwick

I'm much of the same mind myself at the moment, having just had my cholesterol level measured at 8.5. Quite high apparently.

It seems I have the choice of eating like a rabbit or taking statins forever. Though the doc reckons that it's more likely genetic, and diet won't make much difference, so I might as well eat what I enjoy.

I like my doctor.

Reply to
Higgins