Re: Result!

You really are clueless, I'm not going to waste anymore time on morons like you, believe what you like, after you go bust you just might see the light but you will most probably blame the customers for not buying the right products...

Reply to
:Jerry:

Best you stop talking to yourself then!

Reply to
:Jerry:

Get a life.

Reply to
:Jerry:

He'd not lower himself.

Reply to
Fran

Get a dictionary.

Reply to
Fran

Whichever. My point was that the store should ensure that the customer does not lose out in terms of time (cost there) and transport (cost there) relative to the single trip needed to make the purchase in the first place.

For some reason, some people seem to think that this is not a reasonable position to take. Given that it is, then one is naturally inclined to shop at places where this will not be an issue should it occur as opposed to one where it will require the issue to be forced.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I tend to look for food with low carbohydrate. Low fat processed food is largely a con. because the loss of fat is compensated using various sugars. Guess what the body does with sugars......

I have and have found Waitrose to be better than these for the items that I buy there.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not a very clever diet, that. Unless you mean low GI rather than low carbohydrate.

Reply to
Fran

P's local Waitrose closed before Christmas, throwing us on the tender mercies of Sainsbury's, who are currently rebuilding their store to be bigger, less pleasant and more difficult to shop in[1]. The old Waitrose site is rumoured to be taken over by Aldi, and everybody I've talked to in the town[2] is up in arms.

This is strange really as the Waitrose wasn't profitable, and I would think that was because of it being situated within a wrong demographic area[3]. Strange that now it's gone, everyone misses it.

[1] An assumption - how it can get worse is beyond me, but I suspect that will be the case. [2] OK - read the local rag, but I CBA to change the cut'n'paste. [3] The Sainsbury's was and is really busy however - it is sheer madness on a weekend.
Reply to
CT

Waitrose -> Aldi means that your area is going down-market. Move somewhere less pikey before it's too late. However, Somerfield -> Aldi probably counts as a move up-market for my area.

Reply to
platypus

*ker-ching*

And TOG wins the "Question Time" award for being the first in the thread to mention the Iraq War. However, points are deducted for not prefixing it with "illegal".

Reply to
CT

Technically, it's not *my* area, it's P's[1], but I agree. Given the demographic, I am not surprised that Waitrose couldn't make it work, but *am* surprised that the fact that Aldi may take it over is not seen as A Good Thing.

[1] For that is her initial.
Reply to
CT

So what food and drink products did she launch and 'succeed' from, hm?

You're now reduced to obfuscation, which is fine by me, because it abandons the cut and thrust of an argument (which you have spectacularly lost, in every sub-thread) to mere trolling. Which means it's probably time to kiss you goodbye.

Reply to
totallydeadmailbox

I have to pick you up on that one. Vegetable gums are the most effective way to modify viscosity

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Polysaccharides are still sugars and are still metabolised down to saccharides. It's sugar but just in a slightly less tooth-rotting form. It's also one explanation for how despite the proliferation of "low fat" foods people still get fat.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Guess what the body does with excess protein.. or /any/ other calories.

Well if they open a Waitrose anywhere near me I will have a look, they weren't very good when I was a uni in London.

Reply to
dennis

Retail practise is retail practice...

Reply to
:Jerry:

Exactly. Too much body weight is caused by too many calories consumed set against the amount required to maintain the body in equilibrium.

Reply to
Fran

I discarded him a while back, when he moved from argument - however rudimentary - to mere contradiction.

Reply to
platypus

Yea I killfiled him earlier too.

Reply to