Re: Result!

<snip>
Those who use (crim)eBay deserve all the hassle they get!
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 09:45:36 -0000, ":Jerry:"

Care to explain why?
--
Champ
I don't know, but I been told, you never slow down, you never get old

Seconded. <puts on suit decorated with fetching arrow design>
| Pete Fisher at Home: snipped-for-privacy@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk |

There is more fraud and stuff that fell off the back of a lorry on eBay than many police officers find on the average 'Gipo' site.

Given an average of about fourteen million listings per day, that's hardly surprising.
On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 12:16:39 -0000, ":Jerry:"

What a lovely chap you are.
--
Champ
I don't know, but I been told, you never slow down, you never get old
Champ wrote:

I blame the Jews.
--
ogden
sv650 & rgv250

And you spout more crap than the inflow to our local sewage treatment plant.
And you spout more crap than the inflow to our local sewage treatment plant.
Stop talking to yourself!

I must just be lucky then. Your statement was rather sweeping, though heh, this is usenet.
| Pete Fisher at Home: snipped-for-privacy@ps-fisher.demon.co.uk |

Would you like to tell us when, precisely, you were lobotomised?
--
BMW K1100LT Ducati 750SS Honda CB400F & SL125
GAGARPHOF#30 GHPOTHUF#1 BOTAFOT#60 ANORAK#06 YTC#3

Class. <g>

Simple things please simple minds no doubt!
message wrote:

When you tell us how your mother gave birth to such a retard, or are you one of the many criminals who flog other people property via (crim)eBay?...
:Jerry: wrote:

LOL! ROFL! PMSL! ZOMG there goes another rib! You're so /witty/.

Because it operates outside all of the normal legal consumer protections.
If the customer wishes to trade in that way on the basis of a lower price, then there is a trade off.
It's the same as shopping in Lidl as opposed to John Lewis.
Customer service has a price. If the customer wants that then they need to be prepared to pay.
If price is the most important aspect, then the choice is between investment of time to secure customer service or being prepared to write off poor service.
It's really very simple.

Since when are Lidl not bound by law?

Ah. You didn't see that recent Customer Service survey, then. JL came top, as I recall - as I'd expect. Lidl beat the other big supermarket chains hollow, iirc.

I'm sure that they are.
The real question is whether one can achieve customer satisfaction in terms of receiving what one has paid for. That includes *all* of the cost of returning unsatisfactory goods - time, transport, etc.

This depends on what the customer expects. I have extremely high expectations.
Andy Hall wrote:

And, presumably, proportionately deep disappointments?

No, not at all. Selecting suppliers carefully minimises that and provides recourse on the very rare occasion of transgression.