New Kitchen sink - mix & match waste fittings?

Hi All i've just picked up a new Astracast Kitchen sink at a good price as part of general ongoing improvements. I need to buy all the 'extra bits' separately - shiny plug'ole fittings, a waste kit, tap etc etc. Just to check - are these sorts of parts pretty much interchangable as regards pipe diameter, thread etc.? ie. can I expect a Franke waste kit to fit onto an Astracast (or whatever) plughole?
Thanks J^n

The standard stuff at B&Q fits astrocast. Does it say on any wrapping what it needs? Or was it much cheaper than that?