Re: Result!

So, so wrong.

Reply to
Fran

Jawohl.

Vous avez raison, as they say.

Reply to
Fran

I certainly have. I really don't know why you have difficulty in understanding.

I've simply said what I expect from a retailer.

I didn't say that at all. Are you as confused as this with your marketing strategies?

The point was made that not all stores of a given retailer are of equal service quality. The implication of that is the opposite to your suggestion. i.e. if there is a crappy Sainsburys close by and a good Tesco, then I am not going to travel 30kM to find a good Sainsburys. In practice, I'll go to Waitrose (to be specific, the one near me so that you don't become confused again) because it's better than either of the other two and closer as well.

That may or may not be true. However, as a customer, if I see an untidy store, which includes stuff piled in boxes rather than displayed correctly, I will assume that there isn't due diligence and shop elsewhere. This may not suit you, but it's my choice.

It gives me the impression that somebody has taken the care to present what they have to sell properly so that I can examine it before buying.

I'm really not interested in what is convenient for the store, or what is written in the Ladybird Book of how to manage a supermarket.

It's for one type of customer.

Keeping staff costs to a minimum is not a value to me. Staffing adequately to provide proper service is.

Somebody made the point that they don't sell from crates and boxes. They do. Somebody also made the point that they don't do 3 for 2 or BOGOF offers. They do that too.

Actually a sample of two. That's enough.

Hypothetical. It hasn't happened.

Which is why I don't regularly shop at M&S and see Simply Food as an occasional lunch place.

It isn't a motivation, it's an expectation and is how all retailers should operate. Those that do not, are falling short on customer service. All of the cases that I described had clear blame on the part of the retailer, either actually or in law. In all cases I incurred costs in time and transport to get them corrected. The sensible retailers do that without quibbling and get repeat business. Those that don't don't get repeat business and may find themselves in court.

Do you mean to say that you don't expect a supplier to completely correct a situation when they screw up? Another lesson that you should have learned from marketing school.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Actually mine has some very good organic produce. Almost as good as I grow myself.

Reply to
Andy Hall

That's got bugger all to do with it. It's the type of scanner that's important. See my post up there somewhere.

Having clean barcodes does help, but a border is not at all, in anyway, a factor.

Reply to
Cab

You are changing the context away from the original point. Milk and eggs (for example) don't have a recipe and are not batch cooked.

I don't buy those.

They are meat and fish dispensaries only.

I don't buy bread. What little quantity I eat, I make.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I do.

That doesn't exclude me from shopping in supermarkets.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm not seeking to impose anything.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm simply pointing out that Somerfield and Aldi are in the same part of the market. Therefore it should be an easy migration for Somerfield customers to Aldi.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I'm not up tight about anything.

Reply to
Andy Hall

It''s behind you......

Reply to
Andy Hall

I don't have any alter-egos.

I do know when a possesive apstrophe is not appropriate, though.

Your wet paper bag won't get you out of the hole which you have dug.

Reply to
Humbug

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Reply to
Humbug

I now have this image of Jerry looking for the tins of beans on the next shelf to the lingerie....

Reply to
SteveH

The complete context, which I'll reproduce for you, since you seem to have lost the plot in your attempt to make a worthless point was:

I do.

However, that's their issue, and not mine. I was not a Safeway shareholder either.

=========

I did not say that I agreed that losses were being made. Whether they were or whether they weren't is of no importance to me either way.

Reply to
Andy Hall

It doesn't really matter does it? It's failing either way.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Examples, please.

Reply to
Humbug

Do you realise what proportion of products in the major food chains is 'core range' and what proportion is stocked on demographics?

Because, if you did, you wouldn't have posted such a ridiculous statement.

Iceland have a much narrower product range, mostly aimed at the less wealthy. It works very, very well for them - in the right locations.

Just as the M&S range works well, in the right locations.

From my local knowledge - Iceland works incredibly well in Maesteg, but M&S would fall flat on it's arse, because they don't have a range of products to suit that demographic.

Jesus, it's like talking to a child, ffs.

Reply to
SteveH

I expect them to correct the issue, you expect compensation.

The two are not equivalent.

HTH.

Reply to
SteveH

I'm merely providing examples of why shopping by name over the door is an incredibly stupid idea.

Reply to
SteveH