Petrol or Diesel car?

Yes, another expensive item to replace.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

For the same weight with batteries and electric motor an EV will perform better and go 250 miles. You really just don't know. You just don't know. Sad but true.

Smoooooooooooooooooooooooth................

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Following up to "Doctor Drivel"

the pious won't get 60mpg on trips, get a Cooper S, the volt will be on the layby. Get yourself a BMW.

Reply to
Clumsy bastard

Stop telling lies.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You really are a thick plantpot and should eff off.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

"Doctor Drivel" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

I don't know it, because it's not physically possible.

Quite. But we're used to it.

You probably believe the "200 mile range from a ten minute charge on a normal domestic socket" claims, too.

Reply to
Adrian

It is clear you have an obsession with Chav tractors. Therapy is the way for you. Therapy.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Following up to "Doctor Drivel"

wrong, its less efficent than a BMW 5 series

Reply to
clumsy bastard

Following up to "Doctor Drivel"

I know an efficient car when I see one.

Reply to
clumsy bastard

We all know that.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Following up to "Doctor Drivel"

Burkes buy cars by image and care about such crap. I buy BMW because it works better than a pious.

Reply to
clumsy bastard

He thinks tractors can go the moon as well.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You haven't you have a tractor.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I agree, especially tractor buyers.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

"Doctor Drivel" gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

So, we're all agreed, then? Good-oh.

Reply to
Adrian

The message from "Doctor Drivel" contains these words:

One the one hand a single car tested over a limited period in artificial conditions, one the other hand a real life test involving 104 cars used for an extended period. I know which one I would trust if I was looking to buy a Prius.

Not so long ago Dribble was claiming to run both a Mk 2 Prius and an Aston Martin DB6. Now the AM has transmogrified into a MG from the same era. I wonder what his modern car really is.

Incidentally I do drive a tractor, tractors are useful which is more than can be said of Dribble. (But I also keep a car for road use).

Reply to
Roger

Roger, as usual you are confused. I never said I have an MGB. Now stop driving tractors and look at this:

up for one.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Historical, I have not been a diesel fan, however even I would have to admit that modern ones are getting surprisingly good. I was in a friends

2.5L Turbo diesel range rover the other day, and from inside the car it was easily as quite, powerful, and refined, as many petrol engined cars. Outside you could could still tell it was diesel by the sound - but even that was not the typical "wardrobe falling down a flight of stairs" experience of some older diesels.
Reply to
John Rumm

Wait, you're admitting it?

Reply to