Petrol or Diesel car?

You are a clear plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yup, it still wastes 80% of the energy in the tank and pollutes like hell.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

A frozen staff up the rectum?

Reply to
Clot

Perhaps... still better than a prius though, by quite a margin.

Reply to
John Rumm

I doubt even dribble's boss would expect him to deliver pizzas that far.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

How much 'energy in the tank' does a Prius waste?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher saying something like:

If you take the head off a water-injected engine you will be pleasantly surprised at how clean the combustion chamber is, with all that steam cleaning going on. :)

Still a difference I can feel, even now, with ECU-controlled fuelling.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

*All* of it. There can be no possible useful reason for a prius driver to go anywhere.
Reply to
dennis

I don't know, if our one were to go somewhere, he might not be sat at home in his slippers posting crap to usenet. It would give us all a break. Where can we tell him to go?

Reply to
John Rumm

Cold air is denser so you get more into the engine. That's why the engine air intake is usually situated in the coldest part of the air stream hitting the car.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Certainly wouldn't be a pleasure trip.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In one case, it's just behind the front bumper.

About where your bow wave is if you go through a ford...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

More than one.

We don't do that sort of thing very often here, luckily.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

How about if you go through a vauxhall?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's how our milk was delivered this morning.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Today the heavy, low-powered, narrow tyred milk float was one of the few vehicles running normally. I didn't try it (though since it hasn't snowed any more since breakfast I'd have been fine; it was the _promise_ of more snow than my ground clearance that put me off)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Please eff off you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Diesels aren't like that any more... Get it tuned up

if you want to make it as quick as a petrol, agricultural noises went out years ago - except with tractors! My 535D is almost identical in speed to my old petrol one, except it has better low down grunt.

Reply to
Gravesie

You really are in cloud cuckoo land.

Reply to