Petrol or Diesel car?

Now try doing several 0-60 runs. Once the battery is low it becomes 20 seconds. Yes - about the same as a '50s Morris Minor.

Let us know when you do. Of course you might have to get a decent job first. Any job will do.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Although I live near central London, I don't feel the need for a city car. My journeys to and from work are always outside of rush hour - and going in the opposite way to the majority of the traffic anyway. I do drive into the centre a fair bit - but evenings and weekends only. I've never paid the CC. If I had to work in town I'd not bother with the car - I'd use PT. So by far the majority of my car mileage is out of town stuff where the Prius is pathetic - at least compared to my 5 Series - and it uses more petrol at the same sort of speeds too into the bargain.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yup. Locally a fleet run by estate agents. They're very proper by your lying standards.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's got near enough the same problems as all electric cars. Poor range.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Compared to anything. They are unreliable and cost a fortune for parts and labour. A waste of expensive time. Get a clean Prius...swishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off you are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Ha! You can never get rid of a landrover though - run it until it won't run any more, then park it somewhere on your property and let it be slowly consumed by the earth :-)

I always wanted a LWB with no roof - something about the minimalist approach appealed...

Reply to
Jules

Exactly. I borrowed a Golf GTi 2.0L TDi 4Motion yesterday. You can tell it is a diesel when you start it up but it will not wake the neighbours up. I did put it through its paces on the motorway and it performed better than any 2L non-turbo petrol car that I have ever driven. I never went above

70mph of course!

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I have a very bad feeling that _will_ be the case. After all, I need something to pull the trailer up the drive when it's fully loaded, and a front wheel drive Van with seats (Vito dual liner or similar) which is on the cards for the replacement, wouldn't do it.

Hmmmmm. Angle gringer, roll bar and some canvas... there's a great idea to prolong it's life! :¬))

I think our neighbours will hate me. If I could, I'd like to replace it with a series I or II or something that was tax exempt, just for trailer days.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Mike

How long did it take you to work out that Drivel is not very bright?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The message from "Doctor Drivel" contains these words:

If Dribble genuinely thinks that it only goes to show he has never driven one. Come to think of it it does seem doubtful whether Dribble has actually ever driven a Prius given that his supposed experience is so out of step with everyone else.

Reply to
Roger

Heh, there could actually be a *saving* made by the London mayor by withdrawing congestion charge benefits for vehicles that don't come up to the 'green' promises made by the manufacturers. Than the only way a Prius could have the benefit would be if it's petrol engine was forceably disabled via GPS whilst in the congestion zone.

But that wouldn't work. The move would cause greater congestion as rescue teams try and remove these heavy vehicles with failed or flat batteries, ten meters inside the zone.

That would lead to the Prius being banned from London and other cities. Listening Boris?

Reply to
Adrian C

what's the opinion, stupid, trolling or nuts?

Reply to
clumsy bastard

funny how the 5 series gets as good consumption as a pious with a "heavy rear axle" shows what a joke the pious is.

Reply to
clumsy bastard

its still on the BMW website

Reply to
clumsy bastard

Inadequate

Reply to
Adrian C

I don't see it. All the references to "diesel" in there are to competitive cars.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

yes, I did.

You do realise that "sun and planet" gearboxes are common in automatics, and were in fact in use in such modern, up-to-date vehicles as the Ford Model 'T'? The only novelty the pious brings is the use of electric motors instead of brakebands.

To compare the battery in a conventional car with the pack in a Prius is the act of a plantpot.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Try harder. I got my first *ages* ago!