OT:Stupid speed limits ?

There's a chain of 50mph roadworks around the city ....

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Or do you mean below a certain level of traffic? :-)

Reply to
bert

In article , Tim Streater writes

But he actual number of cars on the same amount of tarmac actually increases. Using the pre-dumbed down Highway Code vehicle spacing rules a professor of maths at Durham university calculated the optimum speed on a motorway for max traffic flow was 3mph.

Reply to
bert

Not necessarily. We have a 30mph road formerly 40. Now I drive in 5th gear rather than 6th at the same revs as had I being doing 40 but for longer.

Reply to
bert

In article , Tim Streater writes

Or maybe the one for which I saw a warning sign. "Heavy Plant Crossing".

Reply to
bert

No above.

Reply to