OT:Stupid speed limits ?

I suspect it's lorries rather than cars which cause most of the urban pollution. Oh and go to Paddington station and look at the trains

Reply to
charles

Are you claiming that breaking the law is not a condition?

Or is it that there are more low speed manoeuvres? The figures also show most accidents happen within a few miles of home but that isn't because people drive less well near home.

That's because they can't say they were exceeding the speed limit without proof. If they could they would then have to prosecute.

I'm taking the brexshiteers approach, it could go to fund more police even if it doesn't ATM.

Reply to
dennis
8<

You do talk that rod.

Yes.

Yes, at least you got one thing correct.

Reply to
dennis

On 08/07/2018 12:37, charles wrote: Oh and go to Paddington station and look at the trains

And get yourself on the sex offenders register?

ARW

Yes dear, we know you are too old to cope with a few signs so you need to drive more slowly to be within your capability but you are too stupid to work it out even when someone tells you.

Why do you think older people like you tend to drive more slowly, its because they are clever enough to realise they aren't as good as they once were. You are stupid enough to think you are better.

Reply to
dennis

A bit of a silly statement. VW provided a fix for their cars. HGVs are much more responsible for pollution, good luck getting those crushed.

Make the plebs walk eh?

Reply to
Richard

Porky

and I expect to

Porky

Reply to
Richard

So. All it determines is who pays for upkeep.

Reply to
dennis

I think a concrete gnome is better than a doll in this case.

A bit like filling the box section in the rear bumper with concrete so they dissipate more energy in their crumple zone before yours gets used up when they rear end you.

Reply to
dennis

WTF are you on?

Reply to
Richard

Yes there are some real prats with lowered suspension that go over speed bumps at walking pace. Then do 50+ to the next one.

Reply to
dennis

Wrong If the motorway is empty, who will know?

Wrong.

Richard

Never heard of re-programming an ECU? But I'd guess you think VW group cars use some special engines and engine management totally different from the rest of the world.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd say you need to look at the percentage of urban roads which have a 20 limit versus 30. Round here *all* minor roads are 20. Main roads 30. There may be the odd main road with a 20 mph stretch, but not common.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

There are some real prats with perfectly ordinary cars and vans that do just that too. You've probably not noticed since it doesn't suit you to.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

They were OK in the really old days when there wasn't that much traffic. Once there was more, then I agree they became dangerous.

Not that much IME.

If you have narrow lanes and a 50mph speed limit on the motorway (due to roadworks), that works fine even though it's actually more congested. It works fine because even though everyone is nearly nose to tail, wankers are unable to overtake or barge through.

Reply to
Tim Streater

That's bound to be the case - same number of cars passing a given point in a 50 vs. 70 limit, clearly must be more congested in the 50 section. Question is whether it matters or not.

Reply to
Tim Streater

They can't fix all their cars in software as they didn't fit adblu to some of them claiming they didn't need it. Owners don't have to have the software fix either.

Reply to
dennis

Your feeling is probably wrong.

Reply to
dennis

You will. A tree will fall over onto it and you will drive into it.

Reply to
Tim Streater