OT - Old British Cars

That's no longer true, at least for rear lights - the situation regarding approved front lights is less clear-cut.

Reply to
Rob Morley

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Childish

Reply to
bert

I'd find it very difficult to cycle at night with the road ahead lit *only* by a flashing white light. I'm amazed at the cyclists who do this. I'd go for a brighter constant white light (*), and a dimmer "to be visible" light which hopefully was too dim to be visible as reflected light off the road ahead.

(*) Hopefully with a beam pattern that did not dazzle oncoming drivers/cyclists.

Reply to
NY

If you really wanted to describe it you could have said a Wolseley 1500 with twin carbs. And a rev counter.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I don't think anyone expects bike front lights to illuminate the road ahead. In the old days, all you had was a quivering dot of light on the road a few feet ahead.

Reply to
Max Demian

That was better than pitch black.

No streetlights where I grew up

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Now I see 'light traces' of a bike projected onto the road just in front of the bike usualy in green.

Reply to
whisky-dave