Nuisance youths

I seem to have started to attract some door bell ringing from the local youths on the skulk home from school. I ignore it - but it has escalated into them coming up to the windows and knocking on them (to really impress their mates)
I am thinking of leaving a video camera running in the house - positioned in such a way that no-one just walking past on the pavement will be caught in shot. Then if I get a picture of a face at the window I can show it to my local Community Police Boy.
Any legal issues that you can imagine? Anyone at the window will be 15 feet onto my property.

Complain to the skool if they are going to or from it,esp'y from it.
-- Any posting using my name and/or e-mail address but other than by newsindividual.net is not being posted by me and should be disregarded . Remove NOSPAM to reply by e-mail

Can you imagine that working?!? You'd be arrested for violating their rights or something!
I had a similar problem with people using my garden as a cut-through. I used a laser spirit-level and pointer to create two beams across the path (the beam itself was invisible, but the "spots" on the wall looked lazery!), and put an old, dud cctv camera on the wall and it stopped!
I'd just put some kind of overt fake camera. And don't worry about filming people - I took a snap of two young lads in a neighbours back garden; they'd already broken the window and taken a playstation (they were on their way back for more). The police came round and I showed them the snap, but because it was a neighbouring property there was some thing about the photo not being able to be used "officially", but they immediately recognised them, went for a visit and found the playstation right there - red handed!
So, go for it!

IMHE you get rather the opposite - a rather sad conversation with a Head who was bemoaning the drop in standards of pupil behaviour, entirely sympathetic to my comments, but who was clearly run off his feet in stopping the same kids either nicking the school or setting fire to it. I couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor guy (and grateful I'd never gone into teaching).

Get real - the school are not interested in what goes on beyond their boundary!

John wrote in message <Snip>

Times may have changed but they certainly were when I was at school (back when Noah was a lad). As far as they were concerned, if you had any part of your uniform on you were recognisable as "an ambassador of the school" and were expected to behave accordingly.
ah, the good old days ;)
KK

Champion of the Gang is now more important.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/8142428.stm
Good old days?
Adam
ARWadsworth wrote in message
<Snip>

Yep. Especially as I didn't suggest any violence although there was of course the cane for serial offenders.
As the teacher is 49, let's assume he has been teaching for some years and has seen his authority gradually eroded by all these left wing do gooders to the point that he is now constantly abused and vilified by some oik trying to prove to his peers that he is the "big I am".
Teach has finally snapped with tragic consequences. I do not for one minute think his actions are acceptable but I also doubt they came about without severe provocation.
KK
On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 20:08:34 +0100, Kaptain Kremin wrote:

Exactly what I've been thinking since I heard the news. It had to happen sooner or later. Something *must* be done to stop kids ruling the Country and always being right. I don't think it's the kid's fault - it's the Parents ... :-(
A couple of years ago I asked neighbours to please stop their children screaming (it had been going on for hours). They said they'd ask them but didn't think they would agree to stop.
Yep "ah, the good old days ;)"
--
Regards,

Hugh Jampton
Hugh Jampton wrote:

Well vote out Nu Laber then. A more accurate description of them I have not heard ;-)
On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 20:08:34 +0100, Kaptain Kremin wrote:

Exactly what I thought. My late dad was a physics teacher at a local school. When he started training, teaching was a respected profession. One spoke of "doctors, lawyers, teachers & clerical men" as "professional people". By the time he retired it had all gone to pot.
Due to all sorts of deals done between the government and the teachers unions his pay had diminished, the kids were no longer responsive (probably partly due to H&S removing most of the "interesting" experiments like blowing the lid off a coffee can!) and he was completely fed up of the whole thing and glad to be getting out.
That was several years ago. The importance of "street cred" has increased a lot since - I doubt if he would have stayed in the job at all now. He certainly wouldn't have even considered training for it (and neither would I).
--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info

Battle Royale

Move to a nicer area, they certainly are around this area.

--
Clint Sharp

On 09/07/2009 14:55 Stuart B wrote:

They're between home and school, so why is its school's fault rather than home's?
They spend more time at home than at school so tell the parents.
For some reason 'society' seem to think that it's up to school to fix everything. School is for education in its widest sense, but not for bringing children up. That's the job the parents took on when they decided on a spot of nookey!

I agree 100%.
Sadly the parent(s) seem to have no inkling of how to be parents - very often they're really still kids themselves.
This has been the case for probably two or three generations now. Some would argue many more. If parents aren't capable (obviously they aren't) of talking to and influencing their children then I suppose that "society" must have some say in the matter.
<Back on topic> Many years ago my car alarm (one of those 'pendulum' types) (Selmar?) was often being set off by a youngster from my local school (now a comprehensive, but it was a grammar-tech when I was there).
I literally caught the offending youngster and frogmarched him back to the school where the deputy head remembered me and was able to deal with the kid. Since then I had no trouble (although I did move home a while later). No doubt that nowadays I'd be classed as a pdophile...
--
Frank Erskine

Plus assult, kidnap, and probably more I can't think of right now.
20+ years ago, before most people even knew what pdophile meant, I recall walking around a B&Q (actually, probably a Texas) with a chap from work, getting some things to plumb in a new sink in his just bought house. In the middle of the isle was a little lad, probably about age 3, crying his eyes out because he'd lost daddy. Colleague picked up child without any hesitation, sat him on his shoulders, and the 3 of us set off around the store looking for daddy, who we found quite quickly, and it was smiles all round.
Probably a couple of times in the last 10 years, I've walked into an isle of a shop and seen a similarly lost child, and found myself instinctively doing a U-turn and walking away, in case I'm accused of doing something nasty. That's a change forced on society by the continuous campaigning of the likes of the NSPCC, supposedly for the protection of children, which I find abhorrent, but that's where we now are, sadly.
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 11 Jul 2009 09:42:03 GMT, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

I've done very similar - usually hung around far enough away to not be accused of anything, but close enough to keep an eye on the child to make sure nothing happens, until either a parent or a woman arrives.
SteveW
On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:44:03 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

What makes you think women are not perpetrators of child abuse?
Hanging about near a distressed child might not be a good idea, some one might jump to the wrong conclusions.
--
Cheers
Dave.

On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 22:09:07 +0100 (BST), Dave Liquorice wrote:

It's not that women never abuse children, but the public perception is that the incidence is much lower and therefore a woman approaching an upset child is much less likely to be falsely accused by the parents when they return or by others, whereas I as a man might be.

I can't just walk away completely, but I don't want to get involved either, therefore my only option is to hang around at a distance, just keeping an eye open to ensure that no harm comes to the child.
SteveW