No more mansize

Kleenex bins 'Mansize' tissues

"Kimberly-Clark in no way suggests that being both soft and strong is an exclusively masculine trait, nor do we believe that the Mansize branding suggests or endorses gender inequality."

They've taken our Yorkies, they've taken our Mansize Tissues, what is left?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

you can't have 'person' - it needs to be 'perchild'.

Reply to
charles

Bigger than a big girls blouse

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Menopause hasn't changed yet.

Reply to
Andrew

They wouldn't change anything they can get a day off for.

Reply to
whisky-dave

because "son" is gender specific ;-)

Reply to
charles

Welcome to the modern world of woke bullshit and "taking offence by proxy for literally anything".

I have a theory:

Mostly everyone who was an adult in WWII has died.

Therefore, there's no one who knows what things really matter, why national pride is a good thing and what it's like to have *real problems* - and the ability to solve them.

I don't want WW3, but you do wonder if there's any other way these silly sods could get their sense of priorities re-aligned.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Yes there was a joke Ronnie Corbett used to tell about that, something along the lines of the company used to make them for smaller men but I do not remember the punch line as his stories had so many tangents you lost track! Incidentally his Daughter Sophie has a shop in Brighton. Its called Four Candles. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

There was a great deal of consternation when a certain sanitary towel maker described their product as man hole covers.

Note that juke was told by a woman, so that is OK right?

I think to be fair large and extra large is a much better definition.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Good luck with perchildhole! oops!

Reply to
PeterC

Good reasoning. Let's have a few million of our young men wiped out so you can't get offended by a few meaningless words.

But at least in wartime, the press would be controlled, and only publish what the government wants. Which likely wouldn't include silly stories designed to wind up those with nothing better to do.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

1) That's a bollocks comeback Dave. "I don't want WW3..." 2) This current sickness with gender identity politics gone beyond words

- you have men who claim to be women winning at women's events in sport. You have men claiming to be women asking to and being put in women's prisons, then going on to assault women prisoners. That's *now*.

It's not about the words. It's about the whole picture. It's out of control.

My point was, for those who have trouble following:

When we had "real problems" to contend with, we did have all this stupid nonsense.

Reply to
Tim Watts

But...

Can you give an example of a man dressed as a woman winning at sport? Other than at a village fete?

Same in a jail. And it would have to be a sexual assault to have any real meaning.

The social meja etc which makes a big point of all these certainly is.

We do have. Called Brexit. Which has near stopped all other important business in parliament.

I'm quite sure the problems of those poor sods who think they were born the wrong gender don't matter to you. But they might be the most important thing in the world to them.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Chris Hogg

Sorry, that second one should be

Chris Hogg

No. the first one should be...

never mind - the point stands. Plenty of people are ready and willing to use gender confusion for selfish and deceptive motives

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, thanks. Been one of those days...

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Do you read the news?

"...was born biological male and identifies as being a transgender woman."

Now if you look at some of the world records in physically extreme sports:

World Records Event Men Women

100m dash 9.58s 2009 10.49s 1988 1000m 2:11.96 1999 2:28.98 1996 1 hour cycling 54.526km 2015 48.007km 2018 Weights Snatch 139kg 2015 56kg class 112kg 58kg class Clean and Kerk 171kg 2015 56kg class 142kg 2017 58kg class Weights Snatch 187kg 2007 85kg class 130kg 2004 90kg class Clean and Kerk 220kg 2016 85kg class 160kg 2010 90kg class

(Source - various, mostly Wikipedia)

There's a reason we have different categories for men and women - the best men are faster and stronger than the best women. Simple fact, backed up with real world tests verified and set to an extremely rigorous experiemntal standard.

It was.

This was even covered by The Guardian:

"... that a transgender inmate had sexually assaulted fellow prisoners after transferring to a women?s prison."

Bugger SM - the situation exists, it's well reported and it's going to get worse if the morons keep progressing down this road of insanity.

I don't care one way or the other what they do in their private lives.

When it impacts other people, I care.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Where there is a will, there is a way.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm surprised sex even comes into it given the drug abuse in that sport.

You really thing there are many around who want to live as one of the opposite sex they were biologically, just to win some minor sporting event?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)