NHS app and vaccination passport.

So all the details are on a central database. So who now has access to your medical records? Your local publican, the theatre employee at the pay desk?

For international travel matching the (travel) passport and vaccination could be officially checked but how is this going to be achieved for domestic use? How is the organiser of an event going to ensure that you haven't entered someone else's details into the phone?

Reply to
alan_m

+1 Card filled in using a ballpoint pen. You could see that the people collecting details were volunteers, rather than getting me to answer questions they gave the answer for me to confirm with a simple yes.

At the first desk:- What is your name? Alan..... You live at 88 Nowhere Road? Yes You attend the A.N.Other Surgery? Yes

When getting the jab there was another long on-line questionnaire being filled in. I suspect some of the questions were meant to be answered by those getting the vaccine but in practice those giving the jabs probably just gave the stock answers. The only question I was asked was did I consider myself as White British. I wasn't asked this question for the first jab.

I did get the questions about feeling well, no other vaccinations within

7 days and on blood thinning medication - someone did point a gun at my head as I entered the building.
Reply to
alan_m

Have other countries got access to the DVLA records? Foreign Police may request data but does a car hiring company have access to your drink during record etc. Judging by many "Border Control" type reality programs foreign immigration officials don't have access to the UK passport data base.

Reply to
alan_m

How would this stop me using someone else's details. I've had two jabs and I set up a "vaccine account" using my NHS/NI number and set a user name and password. I could then give these details to all family and friends for them to prove (within the UK) that they could enter, say, a pub. A doorman checking a phone is going to have to take it at face value.

Reply to
alan_m

It's not someone faking their identity when getting vaccinated.

It's the ability for someone who hasn't been vaccinated to use someone else's identity and covid passport to gain access to somewhere that may require proof of vaccination.

How can any member of the general public, a publican, doorman, theatre ticket seller etc. see that the passport details are for fred and not joe.

Official photo ID in the UK seems to be limited to passports and driving licences and not everyone has these, and does your passport photo actually look like you when viewed in limited lighting.

Reply to
alan_m

But these can be checked by a third party with their own access to the data base.

If you are stopped driving a car the police will first check the cars number plate to see who it is registered to and then ask for your name. If number plate, name, tax, mot, licence and insurance all tie up you, as a law abiding citizen, are probably in the clear on those points. If not further questions will be asked, which can be checked on the data base(s).

The police will not just take the plastic photo driving licence as proof of ownership, licence validity, insurance etc.

A covid passport on your phone where you are entering the details is no more valid than having a fake plastic photo driving licence in your wallet.

If the government is considering covid passport for visits to the pub, theatre, concerts, football matches, coach trips etc. which third party is going to check the vaccination data base for the details? You tell this third party your name is fred so how are they going to establish that your name is actually fred before looking at the data.

The question has to be if covid passports for domestic use is a sensible way forward if they are easily circumvented. All the covid apps so far have been promoted with a loud government fanfare but in reality have proved to be rather ineffective. How may in this newsgroup have the Covid app on their phone that is enabled (incl. bluetooth) every time they leave their home?

Reply to
alan_m

"relying upon the built-in anti-fraud devices embedded into the documents."

of course it is

what other way of doing it do the have?

you simply cannot embed all of the un-copy-able security into a digital PP.

It's not possible

Reply to
tim...

and how the flip can the current proposals for Digital vaccinate PP provide that certainty?

I think that you are assuming a level of security into these PPs that isn't going to be there

and how the f*ck do they do that?

that has a picture on it

they also have pictures on them

Reply to
tim...

Not routinely, nope

that's what all the stuff about getting a "code" for use at a car hire desk is all about

but it only gives specific limited access for a limited time

but they won't get an answer in real time

Reply to
tim...

They have fast access to the data base and if they suspect that the licence is not yours access to much more data that can be used to establish the validity of the bit of plastic. There is no legal requirement to carry your driving licence in the UK and these days the Police have instant access to various data bases to establish if you and the car is road legal (licence details, car registration, MOT, insurance, tax, owners address, wanted in connection with crime etc.)

The changes are that even if stopped and you don't have your licence with you their checks and few answered questions means that you no longer have to produce documents at the Police station within 7 days, assuming that you are road legal.

and

No such requirement in the UK. If the bar staff think that you are underage they can refuse to serve you even with a fake third party "age ID card".

There is no outward way of telling if someone has a vaccination or not based of appearance alone.

or can buy it

Often this is only based on a more senior member of staff confirming that you are over the legal age based on appearance or or just using a CC for purchase. Often the check is made because the till operative is under age to serve alcohol and a more senior person has to approve accepting the purchase.

Reply to
alan_m

Er, but the whole point is that a dishonest person might *not* wipe it with the intention of allowing someone else to use the covid passport.

No it isn't, they just look at the picture on your ID and check the name is right.

Reply to
Chris Green

But does it work with all the different software that surgeries are using?

The App suggests that it allows access to

order your repeat prescriptions ? book and manage appointments at your GP surgery ? get health information and advice ? view your health record securely

But I think its already been established from posts in this groups that different surgeries are using different software for this and some surgeries are not supporting full access to all facilities, such as medial records including, say, flu vaccinations. In some cases the surgeries software doesn't seem to be anyway connected with (digital) hospital records.

Reply to
alan_m

You are now assuming that everyone has a passport or driving licence! My mother, for instance no longer has either. You cannot encrypt data that doesn't exist.

Reply to
alan_m

Bullshit

Even if you take your passport or drivers licence as proof of identity no further data base checks are performed. People without a passport, drivers licence, or bank/CC account can usually pick up a parcel using a printed out utility bill.

Where a data base check can be performed is for a parcel where you have been sent a unique one off code to unlock a storage box. This is not proof of identity but just a linking of the packed to any tom, dick or harry who ordered it. Fred or joe cannot check that who turns up at the storage location is the correct person.

Reply to
alan_m

Not to mention that, presumably, the Covid-19 "certificate" will simply display the data on the phone's screen, trivally easy to fake one. If it has a code of some sort with it that might help but then we're back again at "how will the person checking the certificate know the code is valid"?

Reply to
Chris Green

It does not have access to my medical records but does show my Covid Vaccinations. I think the Medical Records is more legal and they don'tr to be sued..

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

The only one filled in for me was "Are you breast feeding or pregnant". The questioner assumed "no" was the right answer.

Reply to
charles

I have my 1940 National Identity Card. It has no photograph.

Reply to
charles

I had a friend, sadly dead, who had neither. He was invited toa Buckingham Palace Garden Party (services to charity). It seemed as though his London Transport 'Freedom Pass" would suffice. Sadly, he was too ill to go.

Reply to
charles

AFAIAA, they didn't put photos on little kids' ID cards. Mine is from a number of years later, and it doesn't have a photo, either. Adult ID cards did have photos, though.

Reply to
S Viemeister