forging vaccination cards

I think I said before that there probably was and if not there should be a law against faking vaccination cards. And apparently there is one at least in one state:

looks like the card is real or a good forgery but it was filled out wrong She's subject to a year in jail and a 5000 dollar fine.

It looks like she got two maderna vaccinations in Delarwaru from the NRA.

Reply to
micky

You can buy blank cards on the internet. There is nothing special about them tho. Black ink on card stock. They remind me of the draft cards of the 60s that were the defacto "fake ID" in DC. Guys in print shops were banging them out after hours and selling them on the street for a couple bucks each. You could also make one on a copier if you laminated it over some card stock.

Reply to
gfretwell

According to 18 U.S.C. § 506 - U.S. Code. it is a federal offense to counterfeit a CDC vaccination card. Specifically, it can send the offender to jail for up to five years:

(a) ?Whoever--

(1) ?falsely makes, forges, counterfeits, mutilates, or alters the seal of any department or agency of the United States, or any facsimile thereof;

(2) ?knowingly uses, affixes, or impresses any such fraudulently made, forged, counterfeited, mutilated, or altered seal or facsimile thereof to or upon any certificate, instrument, commission, document, or paper of any description; ?or

(3) ?with fraudulent intent, possesses, sells, offers for sale, furnishes, offers to furnish, gives away, offers to give away, transports, offers to transport, imports, or offers to import any such seal or facsimile thereof, knowing the same to have been so falsely made, forged, counterfeited, mutilated, or altered,

shall be fined under this title, or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

Three have been quite a few reports in the media of people being arrested too. A couple of people recently in the NYC area. Charging a couple hundred for a card, couple hundred more if you wanted to be added to the state database. Some idiot in a doctor's office was providing the latter service. Always amazing how greedy and stupid some people are.

Reply to
trader_4

It was illegal to forge draft cards too but lots of people had one. I never heard of anyone getting in trouble over it. It was as hard for a bouncer to find out it was real as it is for one to find out about fake vaccine cards are now although phone and computers may end up making that easier. I still doubt the records are as good. Garbage in, garbage out.

Reply to
gfretwell

My card is qr scannable.

Reply to
Thomas

That is unusual. Every one I have seen is like this

gfretwell

It's getting more common.

Marilyn Manson

Each time I got jabbed, they put a printed sticker on the card with the date and vaccine lot number. It was all *very* well organized. I was impressed.

Reply to
Neill Massello

I still would do so without hesitation. I don't care what government wants.

Reply to
Roger Blake

Unrealistic policies beget innovative solutions. I suppose they could tattoo a vaccination number on your arm ... Naa no thanks. ;)

Reply to
gfretwell

Probably because what were you doing to do with a fake draft card? Go to the induction center and enter the Army? On the other hand, with a fake vaccine card you can get into venues where you are required to be vaccinated and spread pestilence to those of us who are responsible, honest and vaccinated.

What bouncers do you claim were checking for draft cards?

as it is for one

Reply to
trader_4

In DC the drinking age was 18 and the draft card was the defacto ID. All boys 18+ were supposed to have one. It was a black and white paper card, just like the Vaccine card.

Reply to
gfretwell

That was the reason when I was growing up. You had to be 18 to buy beer and 21 for the fortified wine ( think that is what it is called with the higher percentage of alcohol) and liquor .

Also some dance clubs and bars required you to be 18 to enter as beer was sold and they did not want to card everyone inside. There would be a man (bouncer) outside the door checking for an ID of proof of age. Most clubs did not really care and just about anything would get you in. Lots of girls would borrow a friend or sister's drivers license . They did not have pictures on them for a while and later if the girl's hair style looked like the license that was usually enough.

Back then many did not have drivers licenses at 18 so the draft card which almost every boy over 18 had to have.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Aren't boys still supposed to register for the draft? do they get a card? Do they carry it?

I think the drinking age was 21 when I was 18.

Reply to
micky

Bouncers all over NYC. Many kids didn't drive. Draft cards were a common proof of age for getting into clubs and bars. Girls typically used birth certificates.

I got my first draft card when I was 16. Shhhh...don't tell my mom.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

It was always 21 in Maryland but it was 18 in DC until the MADD ladies had it changed ... like under aged drinking was DCs biggest problem in those Marion Barry "murder capitol of the US" days. His classic line was "Except for the murders, our crime rate isn't that bad". I think Koch or Dinkins said something similar in NYC.

In the early 60s the draft was seen as a civic duty and we didn't have much problem with getting people registered. Worst case was you would be at Ft Dix painting rocks white in front of the officer's club or something. If you were real lucky you could be working on your golf game in Germany. The Sgt Bilko army was just 2 years of boredom for most people tho. LBJ fixed that.

Reply to
gfretwell

I was a member of DAMM.

Drunks Against Mad Mothers

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

On Mon, 13 Sep 2021 05:33:24 -0700, Bob F posted for all of us to digest...

No problem Boobie just claim to be an undocumented Afghan immigrant, it won't be a stretch for you. You won't need no stinkn card.

ARE you or have you, ever been a member of the CCP or KKK? Please certify.

Reply to
Tekkie©