What do you think.

A friend who has been looking hs been offered a job. His role is to gve out gift cards, that start at 300l doolars but also go higher if people have a more expansive hom. For every card he hands out antd hey sign for , he gets 30 dollars. By signing, the car reciipient has to agree that if he ever sells his hous someone from the group that gives out the cards will get the listing, and he commission when the house is sold The commission is usally 7%, though it may be split bewtween buyer's and seller's agents, and the seller may have agreed o pay less comission if he could arrange it.

Buy back to my friend. Have you ever heard of a plan like this before. Is it a fraud? Legal? Will it be too hard to get people to sign?

The company is out $330 for the average house and won't get it back until the owner decides to sell and succeeds in selling, which could be next year or in 30 years. plus I thnk they have to monitor all these poiple to make sure they don't hire another agen. That shouldn't be hard, Just google every address once a month to see if it's listed for sale.

Reply to
micky

what homeowner in his right mind would want anything to do with this?

Reply to
Pico Rico

micky wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Are you a moron, retarded, spastic or just burdened with a bad keyboard? How the hell can you post misspelled crap like the above and expect anyone to have any respect for you?

Reply to
Zaky Waky

I agree, probably not many. You might snag the few that think they will be selling in the not too distant future, if the commission wasn't

7% and the real estate firm were known, competent, respected, etc. But I doubt a firm that meets that last criteria would be doing this to begin with. I wonder what the gift cards are exactly? Could be $300 at someplace few people give a crap about, or could be $300 VISA card. Big difference, but it still has the big problems.

They don't by chance require your friend to pay for the cards himself, upfront, until he sells them, do they?

Reply to
trader_4

To offer people cash TODAY for a promise tomorrow, that's worked on a lot of people. Might work. If I was selling the cards, I'd want some kind of assurance, I wasn't wasting all my time and someone else keeps the money.

I'm suspicious. Too many ways to work like a dog and invest a load of your own money and get zero for your efforts.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's about what I thought: Nit wit question from a nit wit.

Reply to
Frank

Probably the same you libs who voted for Obama, free phones. Free medical care, and he's gonna pay my rent and put gas in my car, too!

Of course, the Obama Phone "you libs" are not in right mind, so your point is very valid.

You are totally correct. No HO in right mind would touch this.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

How much wit, would a nit wit wit, if a nit wit would wit wit?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Doubt he'll make much. First, few homeowners will sigh a legal document about their future rights for a mere $300. It would probably take a half hour to convince a homeowner to do it once contact is made. To earn a living, you'd have to sell at least 6 a day, five days a week. Ten would be better. Only way to make any money would be to pitch a group of people at a time like a boardwalk huckster. Maybe toss in a Ginsu knife too!

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014 09:14:12 -0400, Frank wrote in

Yeah, I've been wondering about him too.

Reply to
CRNG

Mickey:

Tell your friend that he's going to starve to death doing that job.

Reply to
nestork

How much wit, would a nit wit knit, if a nit wit could knit wit?

Reply to
BenDarrenBach

Quite a bit.

A nit wit would knit quite a bit of wit.

Reply to
nestork

...a bit...and quit!

Reply to
BenDarrenBach

When I was a teenager, I had a job canvassing for alumimum siding and other home repairs. I was a Fuller Brush Man making about a dollar an hour when he recruited me. (A dollar an hour wasn't bad then for a summer job.) I gave him my number and he called when I was at work. My mother answered. She insisted on a base salary and a commission on any job he got because of me.

As frustrating as it was, I worked 8 hours a day, except I think one day, 5 hours in, someone told me that they were going to tear down the whole neighborhood for an expressway. It would have been nice if someone else had told me earlier.

I didn't get any enthusiastic leads, but I gave him the names and addresses of a few unenthusiastic people. When the job was over, after

4 days or a week, I went back to all of them to see if they had contracted for work. No one had. Then he didnt' want to pay the base salary, about a dollar an hour iirc, so I said, Let's talk to your boss.

So we did, and I'll give him credit, he didn't lie at all when we talked to his boss, and the boss said he had to pay me, maybe 32 dollars, maybe

29 for the short day (I forget if Iworked elswhere or what I did after I left the soon-to-be-destroyed n'hood. Funny though, I knew the boss's name and my mother was probably friends with his wife. I did not bring that up however. Trying not to rely on my mother entirely.

Went back to being a Fuller Brush man.

I think he was offered a base salary too, but I might be mixed up with another job possibility.

30 a week, x 30 each x 50 weeks a year would be 45,000 a year. He doesn't expect that much. He lives on much less, no car, no wife, no children, for exaample, but he looks every day but hasn't had a job for 6 months, maybe it's 8 months by now.

He already turned down one job where he thought they were liars. He was supposed to get prospects, for what I forget, and tell them, Be sure to ask for me, Joe, when you get here. But the prospective boss told him that they never refer people to the person they had already talked to. He could have taken the job and just not told them to ask for him, so no lying on his part, and the boss would probably never know, but he thought anything that depended on his lying at their instruction was no place to work, even if he himself got paid, and I agree with him.

Those of you, not you Stormin or Trader or Ed, who snickered at his plight, I wonder what you would consider if you were out of work for 8 months.

Reply to
micky

micky,

In selling a home $300 is small change. Also, tell us about these gift cards. $300 of groceries or gas might be nice but $300 of gym membership is worthless to most folks. Fill out an online survey and you'll get some gifts. You won't want the gifts so you won't use or take the gifst. In other words you filled out the survey and received nothing that had any value to you.

Dave M

Reply to
David L. Martel

I found the webpage that relates to this.

I don't know how to find out the giimmick without signing up, but maybe you guys are more clever than I am.

Click on "How we do it"

Reply to
micky

The Company is called Exceed. This is their "smart homeowners program".

From a homeowner's perspective, I don't like this. You're committing yourself to a legal obligation in exchange for fairly small amounts of money doled out at the company's discretion. If you never get the cash, you're still saddled with the legal burden, unless you take them to court to break it.

Some online info about it:

A new real estate scheme is alive and active on the streets of Albuquerque and on the electronic thoroughfares of the Internet as well. But is the scheme a scam? It certainly appears to be another example of the old rule ? if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...

...I felt that something was really off due to them not sending any gift cards out to the homeowners who do indeed sign a lifelong contract to limit their use of brokers to Exceeds list of them. And in the fine print, they give themselves a possible 4 months longer than a year before any gift cards are sent! Wow...sounds like a scam. So I called one of the brokers on their list of supposedly contracted brokers with them and I spoke to the owner. She had never heard of them. Then I walked into the Centurt 21 office and they too had never heard of the program! Spoke to the office manager. So that is two out of four on their list of only four brokers for Readding....never heard of them! That is fraud to represent that they are contracted with them to homeowners and the homeowners end up signing a lifelong contract to limit their use of only these brokers.

Moe DeLoughan

I looked at their website, but didn't get as much info as you did (maybe I needed to enter info to proceed). A little survey box popped up asking something like "why are you not going to sign up with us at this time?" My response: "I am afraid you will still be in business when the time comes to sell my house."

Reply to
Pico Rico

Nonsense. If they don't give you the gift cards, you can do anything you p lease, you have no obligation to them. They aren't going to sue you to enforce a contract they breeched, when they have no case and it's $300. It's like saying some guy shows up to buy your car, you make a contract, he agrees to pay you by Sat, he leaves and never pays. Clearly you're not obligated to give him the car and can sell it to someone else.

1134090

In fairness to the company, they don't say that they have agreements with all those realty companies, everywhere. They have a box where you can put in your zipcode and check your area. I did and for NJ they had no particip ating firms. So, I don't think you can claim outright fraud. They probably do have agreements with realty firms somewhere. But the fact that nothing at all comes up for an urban area of NJ also tells you something.

Also, I don't see anything on the website that says what these gift cards actually are. As David pointed out, $300 in a VISA card is one thing. $30

0 in discount coupons for a dry cleaner or a hot dog stand 25 miles away is another. The fact that I don't see anything about the actual cards is a bi g red flag to me.

Also, right now they have no realty firms in NJ. Suppose they did have

4 good ones right now. Then 4 years from now, I want to sell my house and they only have one shyster. Apparently you're stuck with the shyster. Anyone want to sign up?
Reply to
trader_4