www.workbenchdesign.net website has been updated

Hi folks.

It's been a while, but just a note to tell you that my website dedicated to workbench design and construction has been updated recently. The address for this site is:

The site was originally created after I completed my second workbench. A modern European style workbench. I did it to show one person's thought process in deciding upon a design, refining the design for personal preferrences and the building process. I also include information on my first bench based upon Tom Caspar's "Workbench in a Weekend".

Some of the additons to the site are:

> a reference section for workbench plans, tools, etc. >> a search engine to search the site, of course >> a new interactive forum for dedicated to workbench design and

construction issues (Please join in!)

Anyway, the site is in no way commercial. It's just for fun.

Tim

Reply to
timcel

Tim,

Excellent site - very well done and informative.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Hi Tim,

Good looking site- I love clean design.

On clicking the links, however, I found:

1.) The link labelled "Rick Manderscheid very thorough site on designs" is dead, and 2.) The link for the "Workbench FAQ" goes to a document that hasn't been edited in seven years and has it's own share of dead links.

Other than that though, nice job! Best, Michael

Reply to
Michael Baglio

Bingo! That's a keeper.

Nice job,

Greg

snip

Reply to
Groggy

Looks good! If you don't mind, what software do you use for web site authoring? A Norm tool (FrontPage, NetObjects Fusion) or Neander (NotePad, EDLIN)?

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Very good site. Your timing is dead on as I am about to finalize the design of a new workbench.

Thanks for the post and all of your effort.

-- Bill Rittner R & B ENTERPRISES

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

"Don't take this life too seriously.......nobody gets out alive" (Unknown)

Reply to
Bill Rittner

I use Dreamweaver/Fireworks with some Photoshop thrown in for good measure.

Reply to
timcel

What?! Not vi or EMACS? Ah, you were probably just trying to avoid a religious discussion....

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

Naaah, since my college degree is dated 1982, I've done a fair amount of direct octal and hex entry. But I didn't want to go there....

I heard Bill Joy speak at the Smithsonian in Washington DC many years ago, the guy who wrote vi over a weekend (according to legend).

I see your EMACS and raise you BRIEF, by UnderWare (I still have the manual.)

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

I see your BRIEF (I wish I hadn't said that!) and raise you EDT, TECO and a 2ft mylar boot tape for the PDP11.

BRuce

Mark Jerde wrote:

Reply to
BRuce

Well, I did much prefer vi (Elvis was a handy later variant) to EMACS. BRIEF was so much the better, although I admit when I first got it I set all the key mappings to the vi defaults. But nowadays, more often than not, it's ... .... .... uh, it is so hard to do this....... Wordpad. Ok, I said it. Yes, I'm ashamed. But laziness is the hallmark of a CS weenie, eh? Whatever's at hand, wot?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

My personal museum has paper tape and punch cards. There may even be a magnetic strip or two for the HP-65 calculator.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Market yourself better... When I was a private in the Army they thought I was lazy. When I became an officer they considered me efficient.

Nothing wrong with WordPad. On all my computers that's the association for .RTF instead of Word. It's actually better than Word when pulling info from web sites. WordPad just pastes the information, Word attempts to maintain all the links & formats.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

:-) I was lucky enough to not work anywhere that had cards, mostly VAX/VMS and VAX/BRL Unix. then onto all sorts of unix (IRIX,AIX,Solaris,HPUX,DGUX...) and now even Linux.

BRuce

Mark Jerde wrote:

Reply to
BRuce

OTOH, never once did I lose a line of code or data to a hard disk crash when I used punch cards.

A line drawn diagonally across the top of the deck helps put them back in the right order if they're dropped. DAMHIKT.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde