Excalibur Tools/Merlin Splitter - gone?

The website for Excalibur Tools (makers of the merlin splitter) seems to be down for the last week or more. Are these guys still around?

It used to be

GigaNews

The company they use for DNS (name to IP address resolution) has things all screwed up -- primary server is 'dead in the water' secondary server doesn't know it is authoritative for that domain tertiary server doesn't know about the domain _at_all_.

This results in a 'non-existat host/domain' error when you try to look up the IP address for

And, without an IP address, obviously, you can't connect to the server.

I'm not terribly surprised. it's same incompetent bozos that my ISP has outsourced their news-server service to. (Oh boy do I have horror-stories about _that_.)

I'd recommend a phone call -- let them know the web-site is unreachable, and _has_ been for more than a week -- or however long it is you've been trying. Give them the 'gory details' I provided above -- if they need clarification, feel free to give 'em my email (taking out the 'hostxxx' part), or my phone -- (847) 570-7224.

Registrant:

Sommerville Design (EXCALIBUR-TOOLS-DOM) 940 Brock Rd Pickering, Ontario L1W2A1 CA

Domain Name: EXCALIBUR-TOOLS.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact: Sommerville Design (38150958O) snipped-for-privacy@excalibur-tools.com 940 Brock Rd Pickering, Ontario L1W2A1 CA 905-831-4755 fax: 905-831-4756

Record expires on 30-Jan-2006. Record created on 30-Jan-2000. Bulk whois optout: Y Database last updated on 2-Aug-2004 20:47:15 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.MEGANAMESERVERS.COM 216.251.32.100 NS2.MEGANAMESERVERS.COM 216.251.32.101

Reply to
Robert Bonomi