Has your electricals been recalled?

It's not the product that's at fault it's the labelling.

The fact they are tested to 250v is very misleading for the general public, they might well interpret that as meaning they are approved for mains use. It needs labelling with suitable and not suitable applications and probably a mention of whether there were any nuts in the vicinity ;-)

Reply to
Graham.

It's not the product that's at fault it's the labelling.

The fact they are tested to 250v is very misleading for the general public, they might well interpret that as meaning they are approved for mains use. It needs labelling with suitable and not suitable applications and probably a mention of whether there were any nuts in the vicinity ;-)

Reply to
Graham.

I didn't know there was a recall until now. My expression of incredulity wasn't directed at the OP being slow on the uptake, or anything like that, it was aimed at Lidl for putting an item back on the shelves after it was recalled a year ago.

Reply to
Graham.

Oh FFS ! Check put my posting "Lidl Mains Connector" in uk.d-i-y on the 7th of this month.

Reply to
Graham.

The thread about "Crackly fizzy (mechanical ?) noise from TV ?" has prompted me to look this up.

"The average success rate of an electrical product recall in the UK is just 10-20%, this means that there are potentially millions of recalled electrical items still in the UK"

Lots of things.

e.g.

Adrian Caspersz

That says that the Recall Date was 03 Aug 2018, so can we assume that the product currently on sale is safe?

Reply to
Terry Casey

Looks like a bit of non-understanding panic here. Since when has it been possible to get a shock off 12V - for which these connectors are intended?

Reply to
Woody

Except lidl's packaging stated 250V

Andy Burns

All that says is:

" Lidl are selling sets of IDC type conectors of various sizes. They look like Scotch Locks sold under their usual instore brand name. They are rated for mains voltages, but no mention of an enclosure. Are these actually complient with the regs?"

No mention of a product recall.

Reply to
Terry Casey

Although you will note it does say "risk of electric shock" at the end of the list of specs, so you can't say you were not warned! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

250V DC or AC?
Reply to
alan_m

And is any risk associated with installing it incorrectly - much in the same way as installing anything else incorrectly.

Reply to
alan_m

A bit like the list of side effects on prescription drugs?

Reply to
Adam Funk

Maybe it was intended to say 25v. They will not be approved for mains use, they look identical to the car type quick connectors. There also confusion in the cable size labling..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Fairy nuff.

But surely you are not suggesting that the product currently on the shelves is the same defective one that was withdrawn last year?

Perhaps they should stick 'New Improved Recipe' labels on the boxes?

Reply to
Terry Casey

It crossed my mind that the only unsafe aspect of the product as previously sold might have been the '250v' rating.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

dennis

Isn't that about the third fluke recall of a model that was recalled/replaced, of a model that was recalled/replaced?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Always possible. As anyone who has worked on car ignition systems will tell you.

I got my first tinmgle of an unerathed heatyer and my first schock off my 12v Train transformer.

It was connected to a stalled meccano electric motor and I broke the contact with two hands

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, I'll never forget connecting a 9v battery across my brace as a kid and whilst not a 'shock' per se it was most definitely something of a unwanted surprise having spit boil in my mouth. Using crocodile clips didn't help with the swift removal either! :-)

Reply to
Mathew Newton