Toxic & Recalled Toys list

Toxic & Recalled Toys list and links to The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission recall list.

thegbark

Where the f*ck does this fit into this newsgroup .... fucktard ?

Well..... people do periodically post about the availability of such things from grocery warehouses like Aldi and Lidl claiming that they are suitable for DIY work.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Are you suggesting Lidl etc sell unsafe products as a matter of course?

You really should get over your tool snobbery, Andy, and save some money. Lidl sometimes sell hand tools which are the equal of any - but at a fraction of the price you'd pay from a 'posh' supplier. And it's smoke free.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
Man at B&Q

No. Far from it. Just toys.

I would be willing to do that if the products were up to scratch but they simply aren't.

The trouble then is that one has to go along to this warehouse, take a look, decide based on very poor information as to whether it's worth having or not. So perhaps the hand tool costs a fiver versus £20 for something like a Bahco one. It's not worth the effort for £15. I might just as well order the Bahco one from Axminster, DM tools etc and done with it. If it's crap, they come and collect it.

In a different league, one can buy Lie Nielsen planes and chisels. One could buy less expensive ones that are reasonable, but these are not the same at all.

That's a given.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Err, they have a website. I never go there on spec. Only if I think there's something of interest.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yeesss..... But would you describe the information to be of high quality?

The usual offer is based on having bought a container of this week's Chinese junk and a 23 year old marketing "executive" putting together something for the web site to shift it. We see the descriptions time and again. Items that you think would reasonably work together don't and it's anybody's guess as to why,

Meanwhile, the clock is ticking and time is a lot of money. By the time that the issues are figured out, any theoretical cost saving is log gone.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Your activity on Usenet must cost you a fortune then.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Really? All the tools I've bought from them have been marked as made in Germany. You really need to do some research into your prejudices.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm a charitable person when it comes to helping my fellow individual human being.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not really. Have you looked at the EU product content rules?

Basically by trans-shipping goods through a third country - eg. Netherlands or Germany, application of margin at the appropriate places and so on, it is possible to make a product appear to be from a different place because the value is added there. Of course it isn't, but the paperwork can make it look like that.

Organisations such as Aldi and Lidl know how to play these games extremely well. They are marketing and margin oriented and know the smoke and mirrors needed to shift marginal quality product in volume while complying with the rules of the grey bureaucrats in Brussels.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I rest my case.

DG