Not using the NHS app

Well just turn Bluetooth off after you go into the pub.

Reply to
ARW

On 02-10-2020 18:09, ARW wrote: >

i'm working on a short wave Covid app. Foolproof unless you take your transceiver into the pub, assuming a plumber like you knows what that is.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Let's hope it fares better than your torpedo tracker! Did BAE ever refund the Argentine Navy?

Reply to
Rambo

that is because you are....tee heee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

What is the matter with people? Its not that spy that seemingly people feel it is, Honestly. It might save lives, so where is the harm? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

The NHS is incompetent, unreasonable and dishonest. The government is incompetent, unreasonable and dishonest.

Isolation imposes a considerable hardship. I have little confidence that the app will provide even a moderately reliable indication of infection. I believe the device information will be used to prosecute people who do not follow its advice to self isolate, contrary to government claims.

Your claim of "honestly" doesn't convince me. It sounds a bit Tony Blairish,

Reply to
Pancho

Are you speaking on behalf of the Government with your assertion that the app is not spying and is not a means to impose fines for non-compliance of its recommendations?

If it so important to track people going into pubs with QR or names and addresses why not in other establishments such as hospitals, hair dressers, public transport etc. The rules are becoming somewhat random in nature and possibly NOT based on the science. And, then there is a official list of people who are exempt from certain rules as if by magic they cannot spread the virus.

Reply to
alan_m

You are just lying to hide your lies Bubba Jim.

Reply to
Radio Man

Panicking isn't he...even trying to blame Gareth!

Reply to
Rambo

Keep digging Brian Reay...that hole you are in is getting deeper and deeper.

Reply to
Rambo

He's not Brian Reay. I am.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Yep.

No need to sign in to offices, schools or prisons and be forced to use the app.

Reply to
ARW

am I fat boy

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

In message snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, at 08:24:09 on Sat, 3 Oct

2020, alan_m snipped-for-privacy@admac.myzen.co.uk> remarked:

Because the anti-social drunken revellers concentrate in the former.

Reply to
Roland Perry

Covid super spreaders congregate at hospitals.

So I'm not sure I understand your point, presumably it is because they are not deemed anti-social it is OK.

Reply to
Pancho

Those who go to a church have to give name and address. And those using church premises for a meeting etc. Those going to hospital will also give their details when seen.

Not really practical on PT.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Have you been to a hospital recently? Mine has closed most of the communal waiting areas. And restricted those waiting in a clinic etc for a pre-booked appointment. Told you not to turn up early. Dunno what happens in A&E, though.

The real problem is once drink is taken, inhibitions etc go right out the window. It's why most drink. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Under very carefully controlled conditions.

Reply to
Roland Perry

No, that is the whole point. hospitals paid lip service to being carefully controlled, but they weren't. In particular cleaners were not properly controlled. There is no point having super sterilisation machines and negative pressure rooms if a cleaner is allowed to move from room to room with the same dirty cloths. This predates Covid, e.g. MRSA.

Lots of NHS managers and politicians are eager to claim high standards but Covid-19 has helped expose them as bullshitters who don't promote clean hospitals and send Covid-19 infected elderly people to care homes.

I think I'd trust a publican more.

Reply to
Pancho

I signed in when getting a haircut the other day. So <rude noises> to you.

Reply to
Tim Streater