OT: Delaminated Passport Card Repair

In addition to my regular US booklet passport that I store in a safe place, I bought and carry in my wallet a passport card which I present when a government-issued picture ID is required.
My current one is a few years into its ten year lifespan- but has started to delaminate.
When I spoke to a State Department droid about getting it replaced, she said I had to apply- and pay- for a new one as that was the only available remedy for a damaged passport. I said that it was clearly defective (on them) rather than damaged (on me) but that argument fell on deaf, bureaucratic, unionized ears. Requests to escalate the issue got nowhere.
Laminated cards are produced in a heated laminating press which softens and joins the upper and lower plastic together- so I thought I'd try covering the passport with a clean pillow case, setting my wife's clothes iron to low and giving it a few passes.
Yup, good as new...
--
If the government gives you a free college education you’ll have to be
fitted with a catalytic converter....true story, look it up.

Just as an fyi mine is doing the same...
On 10/21/18 6:52 PM, danny burstein wrote:

Iron, pillowcase, report back,,,
--
The fastest way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.

danny burstein posted for all of us...

That is what happens when you get them from Passport Punjab. ;-)
You know they have to get a certain amount out per day so they got the laminating machine cranked up to supermax. Gotta take a break... Low bidder got the job...
--
Tekkie

On 10/22/18 5:06 PM, Tekkie® wrote:

Sadly, you're probably right...
--
I don't lock my door at night because I hate the people outside. I do it
because I love the people inside.