Coyote versus dog

The coyote howled last night as did the dog bark.

They went on seemingly for the entire evening.

They don't seem to tire of it.

My question?

Do they like each other? Or do they hate each other?

Reply to
K120

Coyotes and wolves howl because they are lonely and to locate other members of their pack. Dogs are related to wolves, so maybe he had a distant memory and just chimed in by instinct. He also may have just been messing with the coyotes heads for fun.

Lots of Coyotes on my old farm in Tennessee. At the time I had a German Shepherd and an Australian Shepherd. When the coyotes started a serenade, both my dogs would start howling. The coyotes would shut up and not be heard again for a few days.

Wish I knew what my dogs were saying to them

-dan z-

Reply to
slate_leeper

  Probably something along the lines of "Keep howlin' MoFo , makes it easier to find you and tear you to shreds .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

The dogs here seem to basically ignore the coyotes...only on rare occasion will they bark and then not much really in response but more like a duty to let us know they aren't totally asleep. :)

Deer and some other quarry are far more interesting.

Reply to
dpb

The coyotes here eat dogs and cats. With dogs, one will taunt a dog to get it to chase chase him, then the pack ambush the dog. Tiny, aggressive, yap dogs are especially on the menu.

Those neighbors who think it is acceptable for them to send their cats to crap on every one else's lawns lose a lot of cats. The coyotes do a nice civil service that way. Saves the rest of us a lot of ammo. I don't defecate on your lawn, don't send your animals to defecate on mine.

Ask the Bouffant. It growls at its goat, and the goat bleats back. My vote is on love (or lust). []'s

Reply to
Shadow

  Max is confined , whether on a lead or in the house ... he's just stupid-brave enough to take them on . A neighbor had some get into it with his pit bull - in his yard ! He heard the ruckus and checked , probably saved the dog's life .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

Somewhere I read that wolves are far more cautious than dogs as dogs rely on humans to take care of them. But ...

Go coyotes!

Reply to
rbowman

Or, where you at, sweet cheeks?

Back in the '50s what was then the NYS Conservation Department was big on coydogs. It was like pulling teeth to get them to admit there were coyotes in New York State.

Reply to
rbowman

The ones that eat cats should be given medals!

Coyotes are the ultimate adapters. When we colonize mars, I bet we find coyotes. We should bring some cats with us so the coyotes have something to eat. They might not forgive us.

:-)

I'm not a cat person and I see a couple around my house once in a while. They never bother me and in37 years living next to the woods, never had a rodent in the house or garage.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I like cats, cat sized dogs not so much. This is a very outdoorsy and dog oriented area so I meet a lot of people on the trails that are accompanied by dogs of all shape and sizes. It's always the little mutts that mouth off. If dogs could talk I think their black lab traveling companions would say "Keep scratching my ears and don't mind stupid. I've got to live with the damn thing."

I did have a friend that had a Papillon and that little mutt could put some serious miles on. He'd scamper along on crusted snow wondering why the humans were going so slow. He was the exception.

Reply to
rbowman

To me cats mean two things: 1) s*** on my lawn and 2) my wife's lips turning blue gasping in terror trying to breath. Needless to say, if one comes around, I do my best to scare the s*** out of it to keep it off my property. I also spray cayenne pepper when fear does not work.

I like to crouch down and stare at them. When they look away, sneak a bit closer. Freeze when they look back. Always staring at them. A few time of this and I have never seen an animal freakout like that and never come back.

Tofu: odorless, tasteless, gelatinous ooze that sits in your stomach and rots giving you gas is God's punishment to humans for domesticating cats.

Ya, it is the cat sized dogs that mouth off a lot. Gets them eaten by the coyotes a lot. Big dogs are just sweet loving things.

It is a dog's life: eat, sleep, play. Love dogs.

She'll probably die. The best treatment for allergy is keeping cats around. IGG produced neutralizes the allergen before it can act. And keeps your IGE and mastocyte levels low. Like beekeepers sometimes die by a single sting when they retire. The constant contact saved them before.

As to the first item, I'd be more worried about the s*** running (?) the country than fertilizer on you lawn. []'s

Reply to
Shadow

A 12 gauge works better.

When technical writing, always spell out something before using an abbreviation (IGG and IGE).

Do you know of a way to reprogram Memory B Cells not to react? If so, you can be a very wealth man!

Her sister has the same allergy, although not as severe. She loves her cats. And, she suffers and suffers and suffers. It NEVER goes away, but is slowly getting worse. So, I do not think the bee keeper thing applies here.

Avoidance does apply. A cat takes one look at the hatred in my eyes and that is usually all it takes for them to never show their faces again. If not, out with the cayenne pepper and the fake stocking.

Shadow!

Our country is doing better than if has in decades!

Of course, a communist would not see it that way. If you need a translation service, the louder the Left screams, then better we are doing.

-T