Intruder alarm suggestions

Many years ago..... (about 8 or 9) when we re-wired the house I put in lots of intruder alarm wires in anticipation of finishing all the other jobs before I die.... I've cabled to each bedroom for PIR (twice as the first time I wired to corners that look towards the windows and was worried about sun/cloud falsies so then ran wires to "window side" corners - Though I could use

2 x sensors in each room) Also cabled to each window/door downstairs. Have a wire going to back door and front door for remote keypad. (Main panel in attic)

Oh yes, I also ran a telephone wire to the attic for a remote dialer and have fixed spur not on RCD powered just sitting there waiting.

All ready to go really except I haven't looked at control panels for a long time so was wondering what would be a suggested brand/supplier to go for and have PIR sensors changed much over the last 10 years. Would it be worth hooking up 2 sensors in downstairs rooms or is that over complicating things too much?

What about "remote control" instead of keypad is it an option or to be avoided?

Many thanks in advance. :) Pete@

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk