Accenta g3 alarm

Hi I recently added 3 new sensors and 1 keypad to my existing alarm panel after having an extension. The sensors work fine but the keypad isn't. The buttons are lit up but nothing else seems to work. The existing keypad still works and I've connected it up the same as the original. Any help much appreciated. Many thanks.

Reply to
sam.lucas1993

I would suggest that you download the appropriate engineering manual for the panel.

Reply to
Michael Chare

The buttons lit up suggest that you have two connection correct (12V and

0V[GND] power supply)

The only other connection that should matter for fault finding is the connection labelled "coms" (communication) Are you sure that the copper in the wire is actually making contact at both ends of the cable. You may have inserted the wire too far and you have just tightening down on the wire's insulation rather than the copper core.

The other connections are sound (probably for the internal speaker in the remote keypad) and two tamper connections.

Also double check that you haven't swapped wires around.

Reply to
alan_m

The tamper circuit is in series. See bottom of page 5 for example with two keypads.

No, I don't know a thing about the topic :-)

And make sure it's the manual for your system...

Paul

Reply to
Paul

The tamper circuit is probably irrelevant to the immediate problem.

3 possibilities i) it's bypassed at the control box with a link ii) it's wired in series with the existing (first) remote keypad iii) it's wired in parallel with the existing remote keypad

If the main control panel is not complaining about a missing keypad then none of the above are causing the problem.

Ideally it should be wired as ii) but possibly not too important with a remote keypad because in someone cuts the wires to a remote keypad they still wouldn't have means to turn off the alarm from those (cut) wires.

Reply to
alan_m

With, my Texecom alarm additional keypads are wired in parallel. Each keypad has to have its own address.

Reply to
Michael Chare

The Accenta remote keypads are also wired in parallel (apart from anti tamper which should be wired in series to work correctly).

There is no mention in the Gen3 or Gen4 engineers manuals about keypad addresses and I don't remember on my Gen4 box having to set an address for the remote keypad (Gen 3 and Gen 4 use the same remote keypads).

Reply to
alan_m

I have a G4 which IIRC is similar, except not having a keypad on it at all. So fitted two - one beside the unit, and one at the front door.

I do have all the instructions somewhere. If they are similar would have the details of how to wire a second keypad.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)