Faulty Burglar Alarm

Help Required

Hi Folks, i am having problems with my burglar alarm-let me explain my problem

1) on both the main control panel and the remote panel the display led is flashing continuious which i think reads PC (power cut) 2) the alarm still sets and unsets, all the zones are working 3) had an engineer in to check the system, he replaced the battery in the control panel, checked the continuity of the wireing,wireing OK,He never checked the bell box, but i've still got the problem so all suggestions appreciated also is it possible to change control panels with a different make and keep the original bell box??

make and model of alarm system is a Gardtec 580, with one remote panel and 4 zones

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Billy N

According to the manual, a power cut makes a continuous 'PC' show.

Normally on this unit, a flashing display means its in programming mode. Try entering zero to exit?

Reply to
TimM

Hi Tim....thanks for the suggestion, tried entering 0, but it made no differance, both the main control panel and the remote panel still flashing.

the engineer that i had come out to check it had the makers manuel and he tried to reset the system but to no avail.

Reply to
Billy N

Then there could be an internal fuse that's blown or a line resistance or break to one of the detectors. The panel is trying to tell you that there is a fault in the system by flashing the displays. One display flashing could mean that the fault is only in that panel, but the two displays flashing means that your system has fault and needs tested fully. Try it out by disconnecting the power to each detector loop at a time and see if you can get it clear.

Reply to
BigWallop