MayTag Dishwasher Control Panel doesnt work

We use our dishwasher only about once every 2 weeks. Yesterday, it refused to work. The HEAVY CYCLE button would light, but not the NORMAL, LIGHT, or RINSE buttons.

Pressing the START button and nothing happens.

On the right side the Lock and Dry buttons would light if the heavy cycle button was lit.

I tried latching and relatching the door, but nothing happened.

any ideas?

I tried opening up the door to inspect the control panel, but after removing the back panel, I don't know how to get to the control panel

THANKS

Reply to
Japple

First, see if its listed as a recall item here:

Grandpa

Yeah, I checked, but no, it's not on recall...

Reply to
Japple

Find the breaker, turn it off for 30 seconds and back on; sounds like your dw crashed.

Reply to
Chris Hill

You mean a breaker in the DW?/ where?

Reply to
Japple

He means the dw breaker in your house circuit breaker box. I doubt it will help but you might try cutting the circuit for a few minutes and then seeing if the dw fixes itself. I had a 3 level Maytag DW that did the same thing after 2 other repairs. We threw it in the trash.

Reply to
Art

Yeah, Tried this, nothing...

Reply to