Alarm.

The trusty old Omnicron house alarm has died. So need a recommendation for a replacement. Must have a remote keypad.

All the necessary wiring and sensors are already in place and working.

Are there any which allow a mixture of cabled and wireless sensors?

If not and cabled only, is the Accenta Gen4 from TLC a reasonable one?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's the one I fitted a couple of years back when my existing main/control panel failed. Its been reliable since fitting.

I purchased the control panel with the keypad and then a few months later wired in the LCD remote box. I already had wired PIR detectors etc. from my original installation.

It has a good instruction/installation manual - unlike the manual for my original alarm which was translated from Chinese by someone who didn't speak English :)

The manuals for the Accenata can be downloaded from the TLC site, before you buy.

Reply to
alan_m

A friend of mine who fits alarms will only fit gardtec.

They do a model that will mix wired and wireless ISTR it is the 600. Dunno on cost.

Reply to
ARW

The Honeywell Galaxy Flex can take a wireless module within the panel (or a remote wireless module if that suits better) depends if all your existing PIRs/contacts are wired with resistors or not? The Honeywell requires "green" resistors for fault/tamper ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ahhhh.... B-)

Reply to